To enable low to medium complex business partners to make fully informed decisions around business, process, client, and crew performance using more timely, meaningful, and accurate data analytics.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Partners with Category Managers and teams in ad-hoc data analysis in support of category strategy development and savings generation (e.g. should cost analysis) by recommending strategic decisions around existing suppliers and spend.
- Creates deliverables and actionable recommendations based on analytical findings. Is able to present insights in a compelling manner. Informs business decisions based on analytical findings. Guides business partners on the interpretation and use of analytic results.
- Uses spend analysis tool (an IT capability used to understand trends in spend by category, supplier, and division) to develop creative and technically sound data reports on a periodic or ad hoc basis.
- Develops strong working knowledge of data sources and data mining tools.
- Meets with internal clients and interprets requests for information to determine appropriate sources of information and data mining techniques to be employed.
- Provides tool and data support to business users and fellow team members.
- Documents project deliverables, including but not limited to program descriptions, run instructions and run frequency, paying attention to team guidelines.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree preferably in Computer Science or MIS or equivalent work experience in Data or Business Analysis
- Minimum of three years’ experience in data mining, data analysis, data management, and data stewardship
- Experience with data modeling concepts, database design for relational and multi-relational databases
- Solid knowledge of current versions of the Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Excel and Access), including VBA
- Strong, demonstrated analysis and problem-solving skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently with attention to detail, while managing multiple tasks
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top