CS03 - Technology Expert Lead
To provide expert level IT technical lead services, including the direction, evaluation, selection, configuration, implementation, and integration of new and existing technologies and tools.This position will work on multiple, medium size projects or one large project with timelines of 6-15 months.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works on dissimilar technologies (e.g., applications), for multiple platforms and business areas, for critical systems with the largest numbers of interfaces and users
- Provides technical expertise in systems, technical infrastructure, tools, modeling, external interfaces, and other technical areas. Completes complex development, design, implementation, architecture design specification, and maintenance activities.
- Ensures the viability of IT deliverables. Recommends development options, including design, build/buy, and vendor purchase. Approves the team’s technical deliverables. Conducts testing, including functionality, technical limitations, and security.
- Identifies potential solutions, including the cost/benefit of each option. Approves technical solutions proposed by team members. Elevates complex technical issues to IT experts, including architects and vendors. Resolves technical problems discovered by testers and internal clients. Responds to and resolves technical issues in a timely manner. Researches issues and performs root cause analysis.
- Communicates with project manager on a frequent basis. Identifies tasks and issues that may have an impact on service levels or schedules. Provides realistic task and cost estimates. Screens resumes of team members, interviews, makes hiring and assignment recommendations, and writes reviews.
- Maintains current knowledge of IT development methodology, architecture design, and technical standards. Mentors IT staff and identifies training needs. As new standards are instituted, ensures their usage by team members.
- Communicates with other technical leads, IT groups, and clients so they understand the project’s technical implications, dependencies, and potential conflicts. Evaluates the impacts of change requests on own/shared technologies and effectively persuades and influences others on ideas.
- Reviews and approves documentation and diagrams created by IT team members (e.g., system specifications). Writes documentation, including technical standards and processes.
- Identifies opportunities for continuous quality improvement of technical standards, methodologies, and technologies.
- Participates in design, code, and test inspections throughout product life cycle to identify issues. Participates as a technical consultant at other project meetings. Presents technical status and issues at milestone reviews.
- For teams without a BSA, performs this staff member’s duties, including interviewing business liaisons to diagram process flows and to write functional requirements. In the absence of the project manager, performs this staff member’s duties, including coordinating daily systems analysis and development activities.
- Thoroughly understands and complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels. Thoroughly understands and complies with Information Security policies and procedures, and verifies deliverables meet Information Security requirements.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience
- Eight years experience in technical specialty
- Strong, demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills
- Broad knowledge of the financial services industry
- Expert knowledge of Architecture design, IT vendor product assessment, and Full product life cycle
- Wide range of technologies within technical specialty – from state of the art to legacy systems (preference for Java development and Continuous delivery experience)
- Must have experience with performance and stress testing, security, quality assurance methodology and inspections, technical standards and deliverables, and migrating and integration
- Knowledge with Estimating, including design, development/purchase, and installation needed
- Production acceptance (including elevations), data modeling, data sharing, reusable components, and related advanced development practices
- Expert knowledge of one or more IT platforms.
- Strong written and oral communication skills strongly desired
- Automation testing development experience desired
Remote and off hours support with some on-call needed
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Preferred Candidates will have knowledge in the following areas;
Java/J2EE , OOD Design, Java Batch, Java Spring Integration
RESTful Web Services
CSS, HTML 5 technologies
Subversion, Maven, Jenkins, Sonar
Cucumber, Junit, Jasmine
Experience with Vendor products implementation
Back to top