CS03 - Senior Risk Specialist
The Finance division is home to crew and leaders who drive sustainable value across the global enterprise. Our high caliber professionals serve as trusted and influential strategic partners to business leaders across the organization in the areas of financial modeling, fiscal responsibility, product development and administration, risks and controls, real estate and facilities management, and enterprise supply management. Internal to the Finance division, high caliber professionals in our Finance Transformation group lead the division to future state operating models through leadership of large scale global transformations.
Our strong focus on value creation across the enterprise is equaled by our unwavering commitment to creating a culture and environment that maximizes the impact and potential of crew, and develops future generations of leaders in the organization.
Vanguard's Finance division is a talent destination for exceptional financial professionals looking to be part of a best-in-class organization that is one of Vanguard's most trusted voices. The Finance Division is currently seeking a Senior Risk Specialist to provide operational risk expertise supporting a complex or evolving division or area, ensuring effective risk guidance, oversight and assurance services to enterprise and divisional partners. To own the development and maintenance of divisional risk frameworks to support enterprise-wide risk identification and mitigation.
Do you have great relationship management skills and an interest in helping Vanguard defend and protect the flanks? The Senior Risk Specialist on the Risk Assurance Services team offers a unique opportunity to guide, support, and influence the maturity of risk management at Vanguard.
Ongoing oversight and support of the risk framework and divisional risk management teams includes:
•\tDeveloping, maintaining, and monitoring the risk framework, including documentation of risk methodologies
•\tPartnering with 1st line divisional teams to provide risk guidance, oversight, assurance and challenge
•\tProviding measurement and maturity of the risk management practices across divisions
•\tCoordinating with the RS&G Strategy & Policy team to support executive reporting needs
•\tCollaborating with the ERM Shared Services Team on the development of enabling technology to support Vanguard's risk framework
•\tServing as an escalation point for divisional risk teams
•\tParticipating in the Risk Community of Practice to advance the risk acumen of risk practitioners
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide risk guidance, oversight, challenge and assurance services to enterprise and divisional partners based on the Vanguard's operational and strategic risk framework.
- Develops and maintains the operational risk methodology through continuous review and application, sharing of best practices and benchmarking analysis. Provide thought leadership and design to new eGRC modules and technology, supporting Ballast Point development and stabilization.
- Develops and cultivates relationships with enterprise and divisional clients to understand their ongoing risk needs. Builds credibility as a thought partner.
- Facilitates risk governance meetings through organizing agenda topics, documenting minutes and tracking action items.
- Advises on enterprise or divisional projects, as needed, providing risk expertise, highlighting issues and encouraging the use of established risk frameworks to mitigate and identify risks.
- Establish and deploy risk methodology subject matter expertise across operational and strategic risk areas. Develops an understanding of other risk areas within the global risk policy.
- Leads enhancement initiatives to improve risk oversight and assurance activities.
- Collaborates with the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) teams to inform and escalate risk issues and events, stay current with the risk management frameworks and improve ERM's interaction with divisional teams.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree required. Graduate degree and/or Professional Certification (CPA, CIA, CISI, MBA) preferred
- Minimum of five years of related work experience (related experience preferred)
- Demonstrate expertise in risk management monitoring of risk partners and development of risk frameworks. Industry-wide knowledge of the financial services landscape preferred
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with external and internal stakeholders at all levels in the organization
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- A demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently and drive analytical solutions
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access including their reporting capabilities. Knowledge of GRC systems preferred
You should be aware this will designate you as a Fund Access Person and carries with it certain responsibilities and restrictions.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top