CS03 - IT Solutions Consultant
To provide expert level IT project management to create world- class strategies for a wide range of business and IT goals by leading program – level initiatives. Defines complex problems expertly by using research (market, competitive, consultant), Design Thinking, BDM, Lean Enterprise, System Architecture guidelines and other techniques as necessary. Manages large and complex analysis projects or multiple concurrent medium/small projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Leads and facilitates project meetings to develop recommended concepts and solutions. Uses a variety of qualitative and quantitative analysis techniques to continually develop recommended solutions to meet the needs of business and IT. Identifies business assumptions and risks. Ensures project addresses business needs and IT issues, such as security
2. Delivers, strategic and cost effective solution alternatives, along with recommendations, estimates, delivery strategy and cost benefits to solve business problems. Works in partnership with cross-departmental, cross-divisional teams and senior leaders. Takes into account every aspect of the business and IT goals to coordinate and deliver strategic solutions to the highest possible standards.
3. Develops deep knowledge of the business area supported. Assists business in driving out multi-year technology plan.
4. Communicates with internal clients, team members, management, and IT partners to ensure recommendations and priorities are understood. Monitors analysis project progress, and distributes reports to management and clients.
5. Develops and leverages strong relationships with client management to foster collaboration across the enterprise, to support company-wide initiatives, and to improve the ability of the client to resolve issues.
6. Maintains strong understanding of the vendor evaluation process, including management of the procurement process, creating a business case and obtaining approval to implement the new vendor or software.
7. Presents and positions recommended solutions to senior management, project teams, partners, and stakeholders. Promotes the recommended strategy and Influences and negotiates to champion the best possible solution.
8. Ensures IT Development and Business Teams understanding of technology and business solutions. Work with IT Managers, Scrum Masters, BSA’s, Architects, and Product Owners to review approved technology capabilities, business solutions and estimates.
9. Maintains current knowledge of IT development methodology, architecture, and related standards. Advocates and ensures usage of new standards and future state architecture by team members and project solutions.
10. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree required. Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum eight years industry/field experience.
- Strong written, oral and presentation communication skills.
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Broad knowledge of the financial services industry and FinTech industry.
- Proven experience in using data (both quantitative and qualitative) analysis techniques to inform recommendations
- Proven ability to lead a team and program level initiatives to success.
- Proven ability to adapt quickly, learn new things (business areas), evaluate issues, identify and validate problems areas, negotiate scope changes.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top