CS03 - Brokerage Accounting Manager
To review and oversee the production of financial information used for internal and external financial, regulatory and tax reporting for U.S. and non-U.S. entities. The senior accountant will determine the accounting treatment for complex accounting topics, lead divisional projects and programs and be responsible for approving the work of accountants. This position will be responsible to develop, implement and maintain effective internal controls and work closely with business unit counterparts to optimize efficiency of the corporate accounting process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages a full range of monthly accounting responsibilities for assigned legal entities, divisions and/or functional areas, including review and approval of other accountants work ensuring the proper recording of financial activities in accordance with U.S. and international accounting and reporting standards, statutory reporting requirements and Corporate policies. Provides financial expertise and leadership in coordinating and managing the financial closing process.
- Leads complex accounting projects and initiatives with other members of the accounting and broader finance team(s) and/or with other areas of the company. Works with business partners to effectuate process change. Documents all modifications and communicates to management and to the appropriate clients.
- Leads the recommendation, design and implementation of internal control procedures that ensure proper recording of financial positions and prevents material errors in accounting records. Manages process changes to improve accuracy, consistency and efficiency. Documents all modifications and communicates to management and to the appropriate clients.
- Builds and develops strong working relationships both locally and globally to optimize efficiency of accounting processes.
- Develops and maintains an understanding of legal and accounting relationships between The Vanguard Group, Inc., subsidiaries and The Vanguard Group of Mutual Funds. Develops and maintains an understanding of external financial reporting and disclosure requirements to ensure proper recording of business activities.
- Works with external auditors during the annual financial statement audit. Answers all auditor inquiries related to complex accounting topics.
- Creates, updates and presents accounting training to accounting staff and management.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree (in accounting or finance). CPA, and MS/MBA highly preferred or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of eight years of advanced experience in an accounting and financial reporting environment.
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and International Accounting Standards (IAS).
- Strong technical accounting and analytical skills.
- Strong understanding of financial and operational controls.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects and initiatives effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to function in a high volume/fast paced environment working with multiple and diverse responsibilities.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with internal and external partners and clients.
- Ability to work effectively and independently.
- Strong written and verbal communication/presentation skills.
- Excellent computer skills including Accounting software, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top