CS01 - Senior IT Auditor / Infrastructure and Operations
Within the organization, the IT Audit Services (ITAS) team is seen as a critical line of defense. ITAS is comprised of hard-working, highly motivated, and technically skilled professionals who consistently deliver high-quality work in a dynamic environment. The team also promotes a flexible and well-balanced work environment. Senior IT auditors play a supporting role in all phases of the audit. Individuals in this role demonstrate professional curiosity, have a continuous improvement mindset, possess the desire/aptitude to rapidly learn new skills and exemplify the highest degree of trust and integrity.
This candidate would work within ITAS’ Infrastructure and Operations work stream. This work stream executes projects and audits within the domains of: Emerging Technologies (e.g., Mobile, Cloud), Infrastructure (Server, Database, and end-user device build and configurations), Network architecture design and operations, Performance and Capacity Management, Incident and Availability Management, Data Center Management, and IT benefits realization. Recent experience in data center environments operations is required. Further, foundational understanding of infrastructure components, for instance, servers, operating systems (e.g. z/OS, Linux), data storage (e.g. SANs, databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, DB2), directory services (Active Directory), and basic networking concepts, as well as working experience and/or technical knowledge of virtualization/cloud/mobile concepts and technology (e.g., VMware, OpenStack, AWS, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, and MDM platforms) is desired.
To perform complex projects to help Vanguard identify and manage risk to its business and investors. To play a supporting role in all project phases, and support the Information Technology Audit Services role as a line of defense for the greater organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Interfaces with our project clients to identify and understand potential risk areas.
2. Based upon client audit interviews and research, contributes to the definition of final project scope.
3. Prepares high-quality audit narratives, walkthroughs, test matrices, and other audit documentation and provides recommendations to Internal Audit and business management.
4. Analyzes documentation, process information, technical configurations, or other client provided information and documents the results of conversations and analysis.
5. Clearly articulates the status and results of work performed, both orally and in written form, to internal management and the project client.
6. Researches new technologies, understands existing processes, and references recognized standards and frameworks.
7. Develops staff auditors in audit methodology, the understanding IT process and controls, and direct some staff activities.
8. Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement.
9. Participates in special projects and performing other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, Information Security, or a related discipline with solid academic credentials.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of working experience in the fields of IT Security, Privacy, IT Infrastructure, IT Operations, IT Project Management, or IT Audit and Consulting.
- Foundational understanding of IT infrastructure, for instance, servers, operating systems (e.g. z/OS, Linux), data storage (e.g. SANs, databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, DB2), directory services (Active Directory), and basic networking concepts.
- Foundational understanding of Information technology risks and controls.
- Strong conceptual thinking aptitude.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including: written and verbal communications, willingness to assist in areas outside of direct assignments when necessary, and commitment to self-improvement and completion of team objectives.
- Professional certification (e.g., VCP, CCTP, CISSP, PMP, CompTIA, CDCMP, CCNA/P, ITIL, Microsoft, UNIX, CRISC, and CISA) is a plus.
- Exposure to internal audit, compliance or other internal control functions is a plus.
Ability to travel up to 10% annually, including domestic and limited international travel. Typical travel in this role is 0 to 5% annually.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
RFP Specialist, CFP®
Megan is part of Vanguard’s Institutional Sales Group. She ensures that each and every information request is processed before being returned to a prospective client.
Back to top