Cost Basis Associate
To serve in an operations role manually calculating cost basis using various tax strategy methods and to respond to complex internal and external cost basis phone inquiries. To provide assistance with quality audits, statements audits, correspondence creation, analysis of reports and unit initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities
Calculates and maintains cost basis information for client holdings using proprietary software programs in accordance with Internal Revenue Service regulations and established Vanguard legal requirements.
Analyzes historical records and information provided by clients and other investment firms in order to reconstruct and verify the accuracy of cost basis information.
Assesses corporate actions and determines the resulting cost basis implications. Validates systematically generated output to ensure accuracy and makes adjustments when disparities occur.
Audits the accuracy of completed cost basis calculations and provides coaching and feedback to associates in order to continuously improve department quality metrics.
Communicates with clients and internal business partners to provide updates on the status of their requests and/or solicit additional information through composing written correspondence and outcalls.
Communicates with internal and external clients to assist with problem identification and acts as a subject matter expert to provide insight into cost basis related issues. This includes staffing a department hotline and responding to inquiries related to client cases.
Analyzes processes and workflows for potential efficiency enhancements. Makes recommendations to management and Crew Empowerment representatives and participates in action steps required to implement process improvements.
Participates in periodic audits of statements, tax forms, and software elevations to ensure accuracy of information and system functionality. Associates are expected to elevate inconsistencies to appropriate parties for investigation and resolution.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of two years business experience.
- Accounting/finance background, brokerage industry experience preferred.
- Customer service background preferred.
- Ability to function as part of a team, learn quickly and adapt in a dynamic environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management, problem resolution, research and communication skills.
- Computer proficiency required, ability to learn and utilize proprietary software programs preferred.
- Outstanding positive attitude with ability and willingness to effectively work within a team environment and give/receive constructive feedback.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a rapidly changing environment.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top