Corporate Treasury Cash Management Analyst
Vanguard, one of the world’s largest investment management companies and a recognized employer of choice, seeks a Corporate Treasury Cash Management Lead to effectively manage all aspects of Vanguard’s Global Corporate liquidity to ensure each entity is appropriately funded with the right currency at the right time. The scope of the entities where this role is responsible for managing corporate liquidity comprises 23 out of Vanguard’s 25 corporate entities.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manages corporate liquidity for the bank accounts across 23 of Vanguard 25 corporate entities world wide. Manages and oversees the day-to-day Corporate Treasury Cash Management operation and ensures all domestic and international accounts are funded accurately and timely in compliance with company policies and Sarbanes-Oxley regulation, while focusing on operational excellence. Independently handles and resolves issues identified in daily processes.
2. Effectively manages all aspects of Vanguard’s external and internal corporate debt. Compiling cash forecasts and making proposals to executive management for new debt issuances. Liaises with banking partners and noteholders to ensure all aspects of Vanguard’s third party corporate debt are adhered to flawlessly. Additionally, this role will conduct research and perform external market analysis on the current debt markets. Per this analysis, they will make proposals to Senior Management for updates and advancements to existing debt (both internal and external) and to ensure compliance with tax and other regulations.
3. Effectively leads the global implementation of Vanguard’s cash pooling initiative, which is the cornerstone to Vanguard’s global liquidity model. The cash pooling initiative encompasses ten entities and is regionalized with two hubs; one in the UK and the second in Singapore with two different banking partners.
4. Assesses current department processes and proposes / implements changes to strengthen internal controls, enhances efficiency and maximizes the usage of the Kyriba Treasury system. Considers impacts of procedural changes on key stakeholders which include: Corporate Controller’s Group, Fund Financial Service, Bank Strategy and Relations along with the CFS Financial Service Teams. Manages to established department metrics, performance measures, and crew-level metrics using VUE and six sigma methodologies.
5. Supports Vanguard’s Unmatchable Excellence efforts with an emphasis on minimizing business risks. Manages all processing activity according to established controls, identifies trends and implements action plans to ensure that policy adherence and risk mitigation is attained. Identifies and implements additional controls to ensure appropriate management oversight.
6. Maintains a highly productive relationship with internal and external domestic and international business partners that include but are not limited to: Corporate Controller’s group, Fund Financial Services and Vanguard’s Global corporate entities. Supports relationships between Vanguard and its global banking partners through regular interaction with representatives to support Vanguard’s needs and resolves issues.
7. Vigorously maintains detailed policies and procedure documents for the Corporate Treasury Cash Management function. Conducts ad hoc testing of procedure documents and update reviews with Management along with an annual sign-off of policies by Vanguard’s Corporate Chief Financial Officer.
8. Acts as subject matter expert on all business processes and projects. Ensures Business Continuity for the Corporate Treasury function by cross training to develop own working knowledge to effectively execute all core Corporate Treasury Payment functions. These include both payment processing in both Kyriba and bank software along with fund money movements.
9. Leads efforts to define system needs, identify priorities, and recommend solutions on assigned initiatives. Independently manages the execution and direction of the initiatives to ensure requirements are implemented accordingly.
10. Educates broader team on industry advancements to optimize Vanguard’s corporate cash management function and ensures effective controls are continually enhanced to effectively mitigate treasury risk in the operating environment.
11. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree required, accounting major preferred. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum five years general experience, inclusive of a minimum of two years of experience in financial services and three years accounting/audit experience.
- Prior fund accounting or banking experience desirable.
- CPA preferred. CTA preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Detail and goal oriented.
- Demonstrated decision making and leadership skills including the ability to theorize strategically.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Excellent communication skills – including verbal, written and presentation abilities.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top