Corporate Real Estate and Facilities Engineering Project Manager
The Corporate Real Estate and Facilities Project Manager position manages the development and execution of facilities management real estate plans.
- Manages staff. Provides guidance, coaching/development, and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Hires, manages performance, evaluates, and counsels crew. Follows corporate disciplinary procedures per established Vanguard standards as required. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback, and recommends wage increases/adjustments in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Manages the development and execution of strategic and tactical facilities management real estate plans, including design, engineering, and construction management activities for Vanguard. This may include interacting with senior level internal clients to understand their business plans, analyze client headcount forecasts and business plan information to determine future and optimum real estate and facilities management needs.
- Manages the development, construction, and implementation of projects for domestic properties in Pennsylvania, Arizona and North Carolina with potential involvement in International expansion or start up projects.
- Manages the development of project plans and secure jurisdictional approvals. Directly manage the activities (including scope of work, budgets, contracts and invoices) of outside consultants, engineers, architects and any related personnel needed to complete the project.
- Partners with the Vanguard Workplace Solutions and Workplace Services, Telecommunications, Security, Health & Safety, Legal and Procurement departments to review and approve contract documents and specifications.
- Prepares project budgets, Capital Expenditure Authorization (CEAs), Request for Proposals (RFPs) and any contracts for projects related to consultants, contractors, and vendors. Tracks construction projects CEAs upon completion of project. Ensures projects are completed within schedule, within budget constraints, and in accordance with relevant contracts, as well as Vanguard policy. Maintains project files in adherence with standard project files and audit.
- Coordinates with interdepartmental and building moves utilizing e-Facilities system. Moves are often conducted outside of normal business hours and on weekends.
- Shapes and contributes to the overall Corporate Real Estate and Facilities Management strategic goals and execution plans.
- Demonstrates awareness and understanding of risk management practice, shares ideas and best practices.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate Should Possess:
- Undergraduate electrical or mechanical engineer degree or an equivalent combination of training and experience in engineering or construction management preferred.
- Minimum of five years of experience in the broad spectrum of Corporate Real Estate and Facilities Management activities, with a demonstrated emphasis and proven track record on building design, engineering, and construction management.
- Advanced degree a plus. Continued education and training in design, construction, or real estate related field, or licensed engineer preferred.
- Excellent relationship management skills. The role entails significant interaction with a variety of internal and external entities. Ability to handle complex client situations/planning needs, and interact with all levels of personnel within Vanguard as well as in clients' organizations.
- Excellent, proven negotiation and influencing skills, particularly with a host of external entities with regards to statement of work, contracts, etc.
- Strong demonstrated financial and analytical skills as related to commercial real estate (interior and exterior) construction projects.
- Excellent project management skills with a proven delivery/execution track record.
- Knowledge of computer software related to the field such as Computer Aided Drafting Design (CADD), and Computer Aided Facilities Management (CAFM).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Lotus Notes, FM Systems software programs.
Note: Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position. Additionally, employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top