Corporate Financial Services - Financial Analyst MBA intern
A highly visible program for strong analytical thinkers
Corporate Financial Services -Financial Analyst MBA Summer Internship
Location: Valley Forge, PA
To ensure that we stay at the forefront of the financial industry, Vanguard relies on continuous financial analysis, strategic planning, and thorough research. One of the most trusted voices in these functions is Vanguard’s Financial Analyst. This role provides consultative support and industry forecasting to aid internal businesses in making informed decisions. To develop the next generation of these exceptional individuals, Vanguard offers the Corporate Financial Services MBA Summer Internship.
The program is available to full-time, first-year, MBA students who are looking for an introduction to the day to day responsibilities of the CFS Financial Analyst. This rare, unparalleled program provides you the opportunity to gain real-world experience, build critical thinking and leadership skills, and make invaluable contacts, all in preparation for the invaluable and influential role of Financial Analyst at Vanguard.
About the program
The Corporate Financial Services MBA Summer Internship is a full-time, paid program that provides a challenging summer internship experience and access to a network of Corporate Finance professionals from across our organization. You’ll learn how a CFS Financial Analyst partners with Senior Leadership and their management teams to prepare financial analyses and models that assist in the evaluation of strategic business initiatives, capital investments and new products and services within Vanguard’s business units.
Internship placement is based on your area of concentration, strengths and interests, and business need. Areas of concentration for MBA candidates are finance, accounting, and strategy. Here are examples of previous placement opportunities:
- Information Technology Financial Service Team
- Retail Financial Service Team
- International Financial Service Team
- Financial Advisor Services Financial Service Team
- Institutional Investment Group Financial Service Team
- Corporate Financial Service Team
The Corporate Financial Services MBA Summer Internship is viewed as a primary feeder for Vanguard’s Corporate Financial Services, Financial Analyst position.
To help ensure your success, you will receive the following support:
- Exposure to diverse corporate finance teams, the business units they support, and their unique processes.
- Opportunities to assess and enhance your critical thinking and leadership skills.
- Networking events with peers, leaders, and experts.
- Exceptional, hands-on experience, including support and guidance from experts.
Ideal candidates are full-time, first-year MBA students who possess:
- Preferred cumulative undergraduate and graduate GPA of 3.2 or higher.
- Minimum of three years of related work experience.
- Demonstrate expertise in financial concepts and analytical capabilities in the preparation of financial analyses and models.
- Experience with Microsoft Office preferred, other analysis or database software acceptable.
- Strong communication and listening skills.
- Ability to interface with people at all levels in the organization.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to quickly gain knowledge of unfamiliar business operations and technology and assertiveness to seek out information through contacts throughout the organization.
Note: Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position. Additionally, employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result
Back to top