Corporate Actions Specialist
To coordinate all investment management systems, functions, and processes impacted by corporate action events within Vanguard’s global investment portfolios.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Reviews work of corporate action associates, checking for completeness and accuracy, before approving items for further processing.
2. Maintains corporate action information databases to ensure information is entered and distributed to internal and external partners in a timely and accurate manner.
3. Liaises with internal client teams (i.e. accounting groups, portfolio managers, fund tax analysts, legal and compliance advisors, etc.) to ensure proper handling of corporate action events.
4. Ensures all corporate action data is received and validated in an accurate and timely manner by sourcing information from external data providers, custodians, and issuers.
5. Interprets terms and conditions of corporate action events across various global markets to understand relevant impacts on Vanguard investment portfolios.
6. Provides meaningful analysis of corporate action events and solicits Vanguard portfolio managers for election decisions; ensures election decisions are received by applicable response deadline.
7. Submits election instructions to the custodians, depositories, agents, and/or brokers prior to established market deadline.
8. Researches and resolves custodian and internal client inquiries; effectively communicates with internal and external partners.
9. Liaises with custodians, depositories, agents, third party data providers, and issuers to clarify corporate event terms.
10. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree (business degree preferred) or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Preferred two years business related experience; investment operations, corporate actions, or finance related experience preferred.
- Strong time management, planning and organization skills.
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
Available to work beyond core business hours and on some holidays based on business need.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top