Corporate Actions Analyst
- London, United Kingdom
Stand up for investors and advance your career
At Vanguard, we believe the best way to achieve long-term success as a business is to focus on the long-term success of our investors. As a Corporate Actions Analyst, you will develop as a strong team member, focusing on coordinating all investment management systems, functions, and processes impacted by corporate action events within Vanguard's global investment portfolios whilst adding value for our clients.
In this role, you will:
- Review work of corporate action associates, checking for completeness and accuracy, before approving items for further processing.
- Maintain corporate action information databases to ensure information is entered and distributed to internal and external partners in a timely and accurate manner.
- Liaise with internal client teams (i.e. accounting groups, portfolio managers, fund tax analysts, legal and compliance advisors, etc.) to ensure proper handling of corporate action events.
- Ensure all corporate action data is received and validated in an accurate and timely manner by sourcing information from external data providers, custodians, and issuers.
- Interpret terms and conditions of corporate action events across various global markets to understand relevant impacts on Vanguard investment portfolios.
- Providemeaningful analysis of corporate action events and solicits Vanguard portfolio managers for election decisions; ensures election decisions are received by applicable response deadline.
- Submit election instructions to the custodians, depositories, agents, and/or brokers prior to established market deadline.
- Research and resolve custodian and internal client inquiries; effectively communicating with internal and external partners.
- Liaise with custodians, depositories, agents, third party data providers, and issuers to clarify corporate event terms.
What it takes
- Undergraduate degree (business degree preferred) or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- At least 2 years experience in financial services with corporate actions experience
- Strong time management, planning and organization skills.
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Interested in studying for professional qualifications like the IMC, CFA
- Vanguard will not be offering sponsorship for this position
INTERNAL CREW, CONTRACTOR & DIRECT APPLICATIONS ONLY.
Please note, current suppliers and potential suppliers are not permitted to communicate with or contact or send or otherwise provide any speculative resumes to any department, business unit, subsidiary or affiliate of Vanguard, or any employee thereof, at any time unless expressly instructed or permitted by a member of Vanguard's HR department. For the avoidance of doubt, Vanguard will not pay any fees to a supplier or potential supplier in respect of any candidate unless Vanguard has either requested the referral or given its prior written consent to the referral. If you would like to partner with Vanguard Europe, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top