The Strategy and Finance division is home to Vanguard's experts in Corporate Financial Services, Fund Financial Services, Internal Audit and Corporate Strategy. Our crew are high caliber professionals who provide financial and decision support leadership to all businesses at Vanguard across the globe. Integrity is key – as stewards of fund assets and Vanguard's assets, we must protect data, mitigate risk, stay competitive, and proactively establish business initiatives, all while returning value to clients. Strategy and Finance is a talent destination for exceptional financial minds looking to be part of a best-in-class organization that is one of Vanguard's most trusted voices. Vanguard is currently recruiting for a Contract Manager to lead and manage staff for third party supplier-related legal drafting and contracting work.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Manage and develop staff by providing guidance, training, and motivation necessary to develop staff. Hires, terminates, evaluates, and counsels personnel. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides regular and ongoing feedback.
- Supports the sourcing function by drafting, reviewing, analyzing, modifying and negotiating a variety of commercial contracts with the support of Vanguard's legal counsel as necessary.
- Acts as escalation point for issues with contract negotiations, providing guidance to inform decisions.
- Contributes to the development and improvement of form agreements and templates to streamline negotiation process.
- Interprets and communicates contract requirements, obligations, and risk exposures to key stakeholders, including sourcing professionals and business leaders.
- Educates key stakeholders about commercial, legal, policy and other considerations in support of the negotiation process.
- Helps Vanguard leverage contract terms and benefits (e.g., uniform contract standards such as payment terms, quality requirements across units/geographies, expiration dates) as trusted authority based on deep legal contracting and procurement expertise.
- Collaborates across Vanguard business areas to facilitate contract terms while mitigating risk. Maintains close working relationship with Vanguard's commercial legal counsel.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience required. Advanced degree (J.D. or M.B.A.) preferred
- Minimum of 8 years' experience in a fast-paced commercial contracting environment, including negotiating legal terms of contracts
- Deep technical understanding of contractual terms required
- Demonstrated ability to build credibility and partner with key stakeholders across a range of levels and organizations
- Ability to lead commercial contract negotiations
- Excellent attention to detail and strong analytical, drafting, and communication skills
- Excellent client service and communication skills
- Proven ability to effectively lead and manage teams
- This position leads 4-7 experienced professionals.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top