To produce complex, high-profile marketing and communication pieces and positioning for investors, consultants, and Vanguard's business and thought leaders.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Researches and writes complex, high-profile marketing and communication pieces for investors (clients and prospects), the consultants who serve that market, and Vanguard business and thought leaders.
- Consults with marketing managers, business leaders, and subject matter experts regularly on communications and content strategies. Pitches new ideas. Finds creative ways to tell Vanguard's story. Relies on metrics and analytics
- Creates in-depth, compelling communications and positioning on a range of subjects, including Vanguard funds, products, and services; financial markets; the economy; regulatory matters; portfolio construction and theory; and internal communication topics.
- Displays versatility in producing clear communications through a wide range of styles and channels, including responsive web pages, campaigns, ads, emails, presentations, blogs, videos, letters, articles, videos, and social media channels.
- Tailors messages to serve the needs of different audiences, including business leaders, clients, prospects, advisors, plan sponsors, and participants.
- Expertly presents and "sells" content and design solutions to senior management, project teams, partners, and stakeholders. Ensures the success of the strategy and the ability to champion the best possible user experience.
- Develops and leverages the professional network to foster collaboration across teams to support company-wide initiatives, and to help the department solve problems. Works in partnership with cross-divisional teams and senior leaders.
- Plays a leadership role on key projects that require data analytics and subject matter expertise, including responsive web pages, timely communications, campaigns, visioning, testing, and news.
- Provides creative direction and guidance on messaging and/or content strategy across mediums—working closely and collaboratively with designers, developers, marketing managers, and business leaders.
- Mentors and coaches less experienced writers by providing specific feedback on their copy, story ideas, and interviewing skills. Provides developmental edits on work done by other writers.
- Produces inspirational, useful, and usable experiences by placing the client/investor first while balancing business and marketing needs. Participates in discussions on user-centered design principles, visual design, user behavior, interactions, and Vanguard's brand.
- Leads or participates in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate Should Possess:
- An undergraduate degree in English, journalism, marketing, or communications, or an equivalent combination of training and experience. MBA or professional certification/designation (CFA, CFP, ChFC, etc.) would be highly desirable.
- Minimum five years general business experience, with experience in marketing, communications, public relations, and/or journalism preferred.
- Knowledge of financial markets, investing, mutual funds, portfolio construction theories, retirement income, and fiduciary/regulatory environment. Familiarity with the institutional investment marketplace and the issues relevant to this market.
- Expertise in communication to different audiences across channels/mediums and styles, including storytelling and visualization.
- Demonstrated ability to explain complex subject matter in plain English.
- Familiarity with web design, content strategy, market research, and social media.
- Ability to get buy-in on story ideas and positioning within a large organization.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively on multiple projects.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top