Compliance Administrator- Vanguard Marketing Corporation (VMC)
Vanguard is a leading provider of financial products and services to individual and institutional investors world-wide. Known for its strong ethical business practices and client focus, Vanguard fosters a collaborative, team-oriented environment that rewards and recognizes distinguished individual performance. As a member of Vanguard's Legal & Compliance Operations division, you'll work with a team of talented professionals who share a commitment to excellence. This role will support the day-to-day regulatory and compliance efforts related to the activities of Vanguard Marketing Corporation (VMC) including compliance with industry, regulatory, and firm policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responds to internal inquiries, provides guidance and rationale for recommendation, and suggests alternative approaches regarding activities of the Vanguard Marketing Corporation (VMC) to ensure that they are in compliance with applicable rules and/or policies. Works closely with manager/ supervisor to obtain guidance in complex or unique situations for the Vanguard business units regarding various compliance/ regulatory questions or issues. Responds to internal inquiries, provides guidance and rationale for recommendation, and suggests alternates.
- Participates in compliance oversight efforts, including assisting with VMC inspections and procedure reviews across the applicable business areas to protect Vanguard's reputation. Analyze materials and processes, research issues, help prepare findings reports.
- Through performance of daily functions, identify areas of noncompliance and take necessary actions to correct, which may include notifying manager/supervisor and/or working with various business units to revise policies, procedures or practices. Handles multiple assignments simultaneously from conception through execution and implementation of recommendations. Coordinates, prioritizes, and actively manages tasks as needed to meet deadlines.
- Develops, maintains, and broadens effective working relationships across applicable business areas. Fosters lines of communication between, and with, business contacts, the Legal Department, Compliance Department colleagues, and other control groups. Participates in activities and efforts as required with other Compliance teams and business partners.
- Develops and maintains a broad knowledge and awareness of the investment industry and regulatory and/or policy changes with potential impact on compliance monitoring or reporting. Keeps abreast of regulatory developments by reviewing, among other things, industry publications and regulatory websites. Serves as a technical expert on FINRA, SEC, and MSRB regulations compliance requirements and develops a deep understanding of the business areas that conduct activities for VMC, including applicable systems and software. Educate fellow Compliance members and relevant business units on significant regulatory developments.
- Perform daily trade surveillance through the creation, review, and analysis of exception reports. Ensure that identified deficiencies are addressed and brought to the attention of appropriate personnel, if necessary.
- Researches and responds to requests for information or complaints from regulators as needed. Compiles reviews and submits data to fulfill regulatory reporting.
- Reviews and monitors electronic communications to ensure compliance with applicable rules or Vanguard policies. Elevates identified issues as appropriate.
- Participates in and actively supports corporate initiatives like Vanguard Unmatchable Excellence, Gallup Action Planning, etc.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum two year business experience. Regulatory, compliance, investment, or auditing experience preferred.
- Broad understanding of Vanguard's broker dealer business and the broker dealer industry; knowledge of and experience with SEC, FINRA, OCC and MSRB regulations preferred.
- Excellent relationship management skills, including ability to interact with individuals at various levels internal and external to the company.
- Demonstrated ability to function in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment while managing multiple and diverse responsibilities.
- Proven ability to change direction in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills; ability to analyze and respond to issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Series 7, 24 and 63 licenses or ability to successfully complete within 90 days of entry into position.
- Familiarity with and experience in using relevant broker dealer systems and applications, as applicable.
- If you are offered and accept this position, and you do not have the necessary FINRA licenses for the role, then you must obtain the required licenses within the specified period of time. Additionally, if you are not currently registered with FINRA in any capacity, prior to moving into this licensed role, you will be asked to provide authorization for Vanguard to conduct a credit and criminal check in accordance with the FINRA regulations.
- You should be aware this will designate you as a Fund Access Person and carries with it certain responsibilities and restrictions.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Brokerage Investment Professional, Malvern, PA
Claire ensures that Vanguard clients have all the important and necessary industry information in order to make the best decisions for their personal investments.
Back to top