Compensation Analyst, Job Design & Grading
To support Vanguard’s global job design and grading process in the context of organization’s overarching compensation program and policies. To support the Total Rewards CoE in compensation initiatives, benchmark reviews, monetary transactions, and responding to inquiries from business leaders.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Maintains the enterprise job grading framework with regular analytical review of job levels, job movements and rotations, reporting relationships, re-organizations, and external market positioning. Supports the development and implementation of a job grading framework in this context.
2. Supports the review and approval process of new jobs and proposed job changes, collaborating with the Compensation team for job alignment and accurate compensation benchmarking.
3. Applies a consistent and accurate approach to job grading through deep analytical review of job levels, reporting chains, and benchmarks across divisions. This may include, but is not limited to: developing robust Excel templates for use among the Total Rewards CoE, creating organization charts to illustrate reporting chains across the enterprise, delivering analytical findings with succinct recommendations and next-steps for grade levels and external benchmarks(both through formal and informal meetings or review sessions), and FLSA reviews.
4. Assists with implementation of enterprise-wide job families, refinement of existing job titles, and the development of job description guidelines and supporting templates for business managers.
5. Supports the Compensation team with the review of external market rates and competitive compensation rates for senior management reviews, including year-end compensation reviews. Completes ad-hoc benchmarking, competitive assessments, job offers, compensation changes, and broader compensation analyses as required.
6. Reviews monetary transactions for adherence to policy guidelines, and works with management to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner. Responds to incoming policy questions from business leaders in a timely manner, partnering with Compensation Consultants to understand policies, guidelines, and the appropriate response or course of action.
7. Coordinate with the Regional Total Rewards Specialists for job design and grading within the regions as required.
8. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A minimum of two years related experience. Knowledge of HR policies and processes preferred. Compensation experience preferred.
- Sensitivity in working with confidential information.
- Strong Excel analytical skills.
- Proven teamwork capabilities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills, including planning and organizational skills.
- Attentive to details and deadlines; ability to manage multiple initiatives.
- Ability to effectively work independently and identify when to engage others.
Due to the confidentiality of data, applicants cannot be married to, or living in the same household with, a Vanguard crew member.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top