To provide leadership within the RIG (Retail Investor Group) Information center by managing the daily operations of the communication, policies & procedures, and multi-media teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages staff. Provides guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop crew. Hires, evaluates, and counsels crew. Follows corporate disciplinary procedures per established Vanguard standards as required. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback and recommends wage increases/adjustments in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Oversees the RIG Communications Team, which is responsible for communication, knowledge management resources and multi-media material for all of RIG. Analyzes trends in data related to client and crew information needs and links them to appropriate training, communication, and resource opportunities.
- Partners with Compliance, Risk, and Legal to ensure all policy and procedure maintenance and retention practices comply with appropriate regulatory standards.
- Measures and improves process capability, performance of controls, cost of operations, and targets improvements.
- Establishes and ensures effective operating rhythm to manage ongoing improvement work through project teams. Manages the scope, alignment of resources, logistics, and meeting schedule.
- Acts as a senior point of contact and relationship manager for internal divisional clients and partners and their operations.
- Educates and raises awareness among Shared Services peers on strategic business initiatives, identifying opportunities for future improvements.
- Conducts regular staff, project, and one-on-one meetings to provide a forum to raise and resolve issues. Shares information about outside projects that may impact team projects and communication and knowledge deliverables.
- Partners with and supports RIG and corporate strategic initiatives. Ensures communication and change management efforts are successful by analyzing the impact to RIG, developing appropriate communication and integration plans, and facilitating positive change experiences for business continuity and crew environment.
- Partners with Retail Marketing, Public Relations, Retail Technology Services, and all business lines to ensure continuity between internal and external communications.
- Represents RIG on Corporate Crisis Communication Team and Communication Leadership Council.
- Undergraduate degree or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum five years general experience and five years industry/technology.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple competing short-term and long-term business demands.
- Ability to manage multiple internal client relationships.
- Ability to lead and thrive in ambiguity and develop solutions to unanticipated situations.
- Knowledge of Vanguard funds, the mutual fund and brokerage business, financial markets, industry best practices, information resources, Vanguard departments, etc.
- Demonstrated excellence in writing and editing. Knowledge of Vanguard editorial and design standards preferred.
- Aptitude for using computer-based communication tools and for learning new technologies.
- Demonstrated project management, leadership, and organizational skills. Ability to lead a team to desired conclusion.
- Strong attention to detail, interpersonal skills, and professional demeanor.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects.
- Ability to generate creative approaches and solutions, and to inspire creative output from the team.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Brokerage Investment Professional, Malvern, PA
Claire ensures that Vanguard clients have all the important and necessary industry information in order to make the best decisions for their personal investments.
Back to top