College to Corporate Internship - Investment Management (PA)
Spend your summer doing something meaningful!
College to Corporate Internship Program: Investment Management
As you begin your journey in the corporate world, you’ll undoubtedly search for an opportunity to be challenged, while still learning and growing. The last thing you want is to spend your summer days doing unfulfilling work or menial tasks. Vanguard’s College to Corporate (C2C) Internship Program is tailor-made for talented, high-potential college students like you, who seek an internship with real-world experiences, and invaluable professional connections.
In this program, you’ll develop an in-depth understanding of Vanguard’s mission, and investment philosophy and principles, plus learn how these elements impact our clients, crew and the markets. You’ll begin your senior year refreshed, knowledgeable, and with a priceless initiation into the financial industry.
About the program
The C2C Investment Management Internship Program is a structured, full-time, paid summer internship that offers you the opportunity to expand your expertise in investments, while developing a broad understanding of Vanguard’s business. You’ll be assigned to a department within Vanguard’s Investment Management Division*; whose mission is to oversee Vanguard’s internally managed equity, bond, money market, and stable value funds. In total, the group manages approximately $2 trillion of Vanguard’s domestic and international assets.
Your assignment will occur within one of the following departments:
- Fixed Income Group
- Equity Index Group
- Investment Strategy Group
- Quantitative Equity Group
- Risk Management Group
- Portfolio Review Department
- Global Investment Shared Services
Supporting these business units offers the chance to contribute to the most integral function at Vanguard and have a direct impact on clients’ wealth. As an essential member of large-scale projects, you’ll observe how technology, investment methodology, and business operations drive research and analysis in a major corporation. Additional learning focuses on portfolio management, risk, retirement strategies, trading and global markets. To conclude the internship program, the intern team will present a group project to senior management.
Upon successful completion of the program, you will be considered for a full-time, entry-level position, including one of the Vanguard leadership development programs. These opportunities are rotational specialty programs designed to provide a work-training experience in varied areas.
To help ensure your success, you’ll receive the following support:
- An internship program manager and a department manager who provide ongoing feedback.
- Networking events with management and peers.
- Opportunities to learn one-on-one from world-class investment professionals
- Exceptional hands-on experience.
- Strong, lasting relationships with peers and Vanguard management and crew.
- Skills to function in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
The ideal candidate is a current college junior in any major who possesses:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher preferred. Majors in Finance, Economics, Statistics, Math, Accounting, or Computer Science are also preferred.
- Effective communication, analytical, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Adaptability, the ability to learn quickly, and take initiative.
- Results oriented with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- A commitment to strengthening communities by donating time and talent.
Sound like you? Apply now!
Note: Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position. Additionally, employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result
- The only exception is the Portfolio Review Department, which exists under Vanguard’s Planning and Development division.
Back to top