College to Corporate Internship - Investment Management - PA
- Malvern, PA
Drive superior investment results
When you join Vanguard's College to Corporate Internship Program for Investment Management, you will experience buy-side investing with a leading-edge investment management organization. Your internship will provide an opportunity to collaborate alongside a team of premier investment professionals and influence the investment outcomes of over twenty million clients. Through hands-on involvement with the global investment ecosystem and equipped with the tools and resources to succeed, you'll learn how these elements shape the financial future of our clients and of Vanguard itself. Make it count.
In this internship program you will:
- Pursue an assignment within Vanguard's Vanguard's investment teams including Fixed Income Group (FIG), Equity Index Group (EIG), Quantitative Equity Group (QEG), Investment Strategy Group (ISG), Portfolio Review Department (PRD), Investment Management FinTech Strategies (IMFS), and Risk Management Group (RMG). You will work in a department that draws upon your experiences and interests as well as meets our business needs
- Experience an intensive, comprehensive approach to investing that employs a range of strategies across asset classes, expanding your expertise while developing a broad understanding of our business
- Collaborate with others and lead a project where you'll distill complex data to uncover insights that you will present to leadership - influencing decisions that directly affect investors
- Meet regularly with your department manager, internship program manager, and others and receive personalized coaching and mentorship
- Cultivate new relationships in a stimulating network of dedicated professionals working to do what's right for the investor
- Make a positive impact on investors and the global financial markets as a whole through your increased knowledge of Vanguard's mission driven investment philosophy
Lead the future of investing
- At Vanguard, we value community, camaraderie and leaders who are adaptable and independent minded. Your upbeat work ethic, leadership and communication abilities will be invaluable as we advance our mission to make investment success accessible to everyone. Your strong analytical skills, problem-solving abilities and conceptual creativity will help further your expertise in investments and products in a dynamic internship program, as you prepare yourself for a career in investment management. Here, you'll make your internship count as you advance Vanguard's mission.
- Upon successful completion of the program, you will have the opportunity to apply for a full-time position, including one of the Vanguard rotational programs. These opportunities are designed to provide a broad work-training experience prior to launching into your specific role.
What it takes
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher preferred.
- Majors in Finance, Economics, Statistics, Math, Accounting, Engineering, or Computer Science preferred
- Effective communication, analytical, leadership, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Adaptability, the ability to learn quickly, and take initiative
- Results-oriented with the ability to lead multiple priorities
- Strong technical acumen a plus, including data analytical, statistical, and programming (preferably Python) skills
- A commitment to strengthening communities by donating your time and talent
- At this time Vanguard is only considering candidates that will not now, or in the future, need sponsorship or other immigration support to obtain US work authorization
- This program is a full-time, paid summer internship
- The start date for this program will be May/June 2021
- Acceptance into the program is contingent upon a successful drug-screening result
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top