College to Corporate Internship - Investment Management - PA
Spend your summer doing something meaningful!
College to Corporate Internship Program: Investment Management
As you begin your journey in the corporate world, you'll undoubtedly search for an opportunity to be challenged, while still learning and growing. The last thing you want is to spend your summer days doing unfulfilling work or menial tasks. Vanguard's College to Corporate (C2C) Internship Program is tailor-made for talented, high-potential college students like you, who seek an internship with real-world experiences, and invaluable professional connections.
With your assignment, you'll develop an in-depth understanding of Vanguard's mission, initiatives, and investment philosophy, plus learn how these elements impact our clients and crew. You'll begin your junior or senior year refreshed, knowledgeable, and with a priceless initiation into the financial industry.
About the program
The C2C Investment Management Internship Program is a structured, full-time, paid summer internship that offers you the opportunity to expand your expertise in investments and products, while developing a broad understanding of Vanguard's business. You'll be assigned to a department within Vanguard's Investment Management organization; whose mission is to oversee Vanguard's equity, bond, money market, and stable value funds. Assignments occur within one of the following departments:
- Equity Index Group
- Fixed Income Group
- Investment Strategy Group
- Quantitative Equity Group
- Portfolio Review Department
- Risk Management Group
Supporting these business units and assisting with large-scale projects will demonstrate how technology, financial analysis, and business operations drive projects in a major corporation. You'll also learn to navigate successfully in a large corporation and form professional relationships. Additional learning focuses on data analysis, process improvement, presentations, and problem-solving. To conclude the internship program, the intern team will present a group project to Senior Management.
Upon successful completion of the program, you will be considered for a full-time, entry-level position, including one of the Vanguard leadership development programs. These opportunities are rotational specialty programs designed to provide a work-training experience in varied areas.
To help ensure your success, you'll receive the following support:
- An internship program manager and a department manager who provide ongoing feedback.
- Networking events with management and peers.
- Opportunities to learn from experts.
- Exceptional hands-on experience.
- Strong, lasting relationships with peers and Vanguard.
- Skills to function in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
The ideal candidate is a current college junior in any major who possesses:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher preferred. Majors in Finance, Economics, Statistics, Math, Accounting, Engineering, or Computer Science are also preferred.
- Effective communication, analytical, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Adaptability, the ability to learn quickly, and take initiative.
- Results-oriented with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- A commitment to strengthening communities by donating your time and talent.
Sound like you? Apply now!
The start date for this program will be May/June 2019.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position. Additionally, employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result .
Back to top