College to Corporate Internship - Corporate Finance & Accounting (PA)
Spend your summer doing something meaningful!
College to Corporate Internship Program: Corporate Finance and Accounting
As you begin your journey in the corporate world, you’ll undoubtedly search for an opportunity to be challenged, while still learning and growing. The last thing you want is to spend your summer days doing unfulfilling work or menial tasks. Vanguard’s College to Corporate (C2C) Internship Program is tailor-made for talented, high-potential college students like you, who seek an internship with real-world experiences, and invaluable professional connections.
With your assignment, you’ll develop an in-depth understanding of Vanguard’s mission, initiatives, and investment philosophy, plus learn how these elements impact our clients, crew, and the markets. You’ll begin your senior year refreshed, knowledgeable, and with a priceless initiation into the financial industry.
About the program
The C2C Corporate Finance and Accounting Internship Program is a structured, full-time, paid summer internship that offers you the opportunity to expand your expertise in finance, while developing a broad understanding of Vanguard’s business. You’ll be assigned to a department within Vanguard’s Finance Division; home to Vanguard’s experts in accounting, financial analysis, strategic planning and audit, who serve Vanguard’s shareholders and internal businesses, while safeguarding fund and corporate assets. Your assignment will occur within one of the following departments:
- Corporate Financial Services, which prepares Vanguard’s financial statements and provides analytical support for business decision-making. Assignments could include business planning, financial modeling for projects and corporate initiatives, and reporting corporate financial performance.
- Fund Financial Services, which provides the middle-office, back-office, and information management support for all of Vanguard’s investment products. Assignments could include trade support, corporate actions, proxies, and pricing functions for Vanguard’s family of mutual funds.
- Internal Audit, which seeks to safeguard the company by working with clients to manage business risk. Assignments could include SAS 70 auditing, risk-based audits, and risk control consulting with departments and divisions.
Supporting these business units and assisting with large-scale projects will demonstrate how technology, financial analysis, and business operations drive projects in a major corporation. Additional learning focuses on risk and controls, data analysis, process improvement, presentations and problem-solving. To conclude the internship program, the intern team will present a group project to senior management.
Upon successful completion of the program, you will be considered for a full-time, entry-level position, including one of the Vanguard leadership development programs. These opportunities are rotational specialty programs designed to provide a work-training experience in varied areas.
To help ensure your success, you’ll receive the following support:
- An internship program manager and a department manager who provide ongoing feedback.
- Networking events with management and peers.
- Opportunities to learn from experts.
- Exceptional hands-on experience.
- Strong, lasting relationships with peers and Vanguard management and Crew.
- Skills to function in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
The ideal candidate is a current college junior in any major who possesses:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher preferred. Majors in finance, accounting, mathematics, or engineering are also preferred.
- Effective communication, analytical, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Adaptability, the ability to learn quickly, and take initiative.
- Results oriented with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- A commitment to strengthening communities by donating time and talent.
Sound like you? Apply now!
Note: Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position. Additionally, employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result
Back to top