College to Corporate Internship - Business - PA
Spend your summer doing something meaningful!
As you begin your journey in the corporate world, you will undoubtedly search for an opportunity to be challenged, while still learning and growing. The last thing you want is to spend your summer days doing unfulfilling work or menial tasks. Vanguard's College to Corporate (C2C) Business program is tailor-made for talented, high-potential college students like you, who seek an internship with real-world experiences, and invaluable professional connections. Students seeking all majors are welcome to apply.
With your assignment, you will develop an in-depth understanding of Vanguard's mission, initiatives, and investment philosophy, plus learn how these elements impact our clients and crew. You will begin your senior year refreshed, knowledgeable, and with a priceless initiation into the financial industry.
About the program
The C2C Internship Program is a structured, full-time, paid summer internship that offers you the opportunity to expand your leadership skills and expertise in a particular discipline, while developing a broad understanding of Vanguard's business. You will be assigned to a department based on your experiences, and interests, as well as our business needs. These assignments will prepare you to navigate a future career in leadership.
Some examples of where participants may be assigned for their 10-week assignment include:
- Sales and marketing
- Project management
- Client relationship management
- Risk management
Supporting these business units and assisting with large-scale projects will demonstrate how technology, financial analysis, and business operations drive projects in a major corporation. You will also learn to navigate successfully in a large corporation and form professional relationships. Additional learning focuses on data analysis, process improvement, presentations and problem-solving. To conclude the internship program, the intern team will present a group project to Senior Management.
Upon successful completion of the program, you will be considered for a full-time, entry-level position, including one of the Vanguard Specialty Programs. These opportunities are rotational specialty programs designed to provide a work-training experience in varied areas.
Depending on location, the additional full-time opportunities available may vary as follows:
- Client Relationship Management positions
- Fund Financial Services
To help ensure your success, you'll receive the following support:
- An internship program manager and a department manager who provide ongoing feedback.
- Networking events with management and peers.
- Opportunities to learn from experts.
- Exceptional hands-on experience.
- Strong, lasting relationships with peers and Vanguard management and crew.
- Skills to function in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
QualificationsThe ideal candidate is a current college junior in any major who possesses:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher preferred
- Aspiration for leadership highly desirable
- Effective leadership, communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Adaptability, the ability to learn quickly, and take initiative.
- Results oriented with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- A commitment to strengthening communities by donating your time and talent.
Sound like you? Apply now!
The start date for this program will be May/June 2019.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position. Additionally, employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result .
Back to top