College to Corporate Internship - Business - AZ
Spend your summer, next year, doing something meaningful
College to Corporate Business Internship Program
As you begin your journey in the corporate world, you'll undoubtedly search for an opportunity to be challenged, while still learning and growing. The last thing you want is to spend your summer days doing unfulfilling work or menial tasks. Vanguard's College to Corporate (C2C) Business program is tailor-made for talented, high-potential college students like you, who seek an internship with real-world experiences, and invaluable professional connections. Students seeking all majors are welcome to apply.
With your assignment, you'll develop an in-depth understanding of Vanguard's mission, initiatives, and investment philosophy, plus learn how these elements impact our clients and crew. You'll begin your senior year refreshed, knowledgeable, and with a priceless initiation into the financial industry.
About the program
The C2C Internship Program is a structured, full-time, paid summer internship that offers you the opportunity to expand your expertise in a particular discipline, while developing a broad understanding of Vanguard's business. You'll be assigned to a department based on your experiences, and interests, as well as our business needs. Assignments include:
- Sales and marketing
- Project management
- Client relationship management
- Risk management
Supporting these business units and assisting with large-scale projects will demonstrate how technology, financial analysis, and business operations drive projects in a major corporation. You'll also learn to navigate successfully in a large corporation and form professional relationships. Additional learning focuses on data analysis, process improvement, presentations and problem-solving. To conclude the internship program, the intern team will present a group project to Senior Management.
Upon successful completion of the program, you will be considered for a full-time, entry-level position, including one of the Vanguard Specialty Programs. These opportunities are rotational specialty programs designed to provide a work-training experience in varied areas.
Depending on location, the additional opportunities available may vary as follows:
- Client Relationship Management positions
- Fund Financial Services
To help ensure your success, you'll receive the following support:
- An internship program manager and a department manager who provide ongoing feedback.
- Networking events with management and peers.
- Opportunities to learn from experts.
- Exceptional hands-on experience.
- Strong, lasting relationships with peers and Vanguard management and crew.
- Skills to function in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
The ideal candidate is a current college junior (as of Fall 2018) in any major who possesses:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher preferred
- Effective leadership, communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Adaptability, the ability to learn quickly, and take initiative.
- Results oriented with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- A commitment to strengthening communities by donating your time and talent.
Sound like you? Apply now!
Note: Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position. Additionally, employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Brokerage Investment Professional, Malvern, PA
Claire ensures that Vanguard clients have all the important and necessary industry information in order to make the best decisions for their personal investments.
Back to top