College to Corporate Internship - Advice - NC
In order to be considered for our College to Corporate (C2C) Advice Internship Program, you MUST be enrolled in an educational program which meets the CFP Board educational component and qualifies you to test for the CFP® exam upon graduation. If you do not qualify for this opportunity, we would encourage you to review our College to Corporate (C2C) Business Internship.
Spend your summer doing something meaningful!
College to Corporate (C2C) Advice Internship Program
Beginning your journey towards becoming a financial advisor is an exciting time and one that can shape your future. As you learn and grow, you will likely find yourself facing challenges that will develop and prepare you for future opportunities. At Vanguard, we want to support you as you passionately pursue a career as a financial advisor.
Vanguard's College to Corporate (C2C) Advice Internship Program is tailor-made for talented, high-potential undergrads interested in becoming Certified Financial Planner™ professionals and pursuing a career in Vanguard's Personal Advisor Services (PAS). The program provides the opportunity for students to develop an in-depth understanding of Vanguard's mission, investment philosophy, and advice services and gives a preview of how these factors impact our clients, employees, and the industry. You will return to campus in the fall feeling refreshed, knowledgeable, and with valuable experience in the financial advice industry.
About the program
Vanguard's C2C Advice Internship Program is a paid, full-time, summer internship that offers the opportunity to expand your expertise of the personal financial planning process and enrich your knowledge of Vanguard's business. Throughout the 10 week internship, you will learn about Vanguard's advice offering and get a first-hand look at how our advisors interact with and serve PAS clients. You will also learn valuable skills to help you successfully navigate a large corporation and form professional relationships. As one of many specialty programs at Vanguard, the C2C Advice Internship allows participants to interact closely with other internship and rotational programs for teambuilding, volunteering, and networking opportunities.
In addition to the valuable experiences provided, a capstone project will create the opportunity for you to engage in meaningful work and ideation throughout the duration of the internship program. At the end of the internship, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate your program learning and experiences by presenting a financial plan and case study to Senior Leaders in PAS.
Upon successful completion of the program, you will be considered for Vanguard's full-time, entry-level positions, including the Financial Advisor Development Program (FADP). FADP is a specialty, rotational program designed to provide a work-training experience in advice and support you during pursuit of the CFP® certification.
LINK TO PROGRAMS
The Vanguard C2C Advice Internship Program counts towards the experience requirement of obtaining the CFP® certification.
To help ensure your success, you'll receive the following support:
- An internship program manager and department manager, dedicated to providing you with ongoing feedback, personal development, and individual support.
- Networking events with specialty program participants, advice intern peers, financial advisors, and management.
- Opportunities to learn from world-class financial advisors.
- A dedicated mentor to provide support and help you navigate the corporate environment during the course of the program.
- Critical skills to help you be successful in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Strong, lasting relationships with peers and Vanguard management.
The ideal candidate is a current college junior who possesses the following qualities:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher preferred.
- Currently enrolled in a CFP Board-Registered program.
- Desire to sit for the CFP® exam before or after graduation.
- Effective communication, analytical, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well, independently, and as part of a team.
- Adaptability, drive to take initiative, and the ability and willingness to learn quickly.
- Results-oriented with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Commitment to strengthening communities by donating time and talent.
Sound like you? Apply now!
Note: Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position. Additionally, employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result.
Back to top