Do you like working on mission critical applications? Are you someone who enjoys the challenge of solving problems that no one has seen before? If so, this position may be right for you.
This role is to provide production support and development of new capabilities for our Retail recordkeeping system. This application is at the heart of our financial accounting processes for over 30,000,000 accounts. The job will include troubleshooting production outages, restoration of services in a timely manner, and participation on strategic development initiatives. This is also a great opportunity to interact with Senior IT and Business Leaders and become part of a mission critical support team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrated experience in juggling priorities and the ability to switch context/gears with ease
- Excited by learning new things and possibly doing a different thing every day as needs arise
- Likes to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Self-motivated, takes ownership and pride in the quality of work
- Comfortable interacting and communicating with people at all levels of the organization
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience
- 5 years developer or systems analyst experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong, demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Experience with Cobol, VSAM, JCL
- DB2 is a plus
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top