Cloud Security Developer/Engineer - Global Risk and Security
In this role you will:
- Provide senior level system analysis, design, development, and implementation of applications and databases for client/server-, Web-, and/or PC-based software or middleware. Integrates third party products
- Build, test, and integrate infrastructure components or services
- Apply security and controls policies for infrastructure components
- Work with various database systems (Oracle, SQL, etc.)
- Do Encryption or Federation (i.e.: SAML 2.0, OpenID Connect, etc.) services
- Provide Cryptographic Services
- Implement complex components and services
Bring invention to investing
Focused on crafting creative user experiences, you'll continuously deliver imaginative solutions that also satisfy business needs. Your fresh ideas will directly impact one of our strategic focus areas and help us redefine the world of mutual funds. Your analytical approach to problem-solving, underpinned by strong collaborative skills, will make you a valuable member of a reciprocal team that shares ideas and solves problems in new ways. And at every stage of the process you'll enjoy many opportunities to deepen your knowledge and widen your experience.
What it takes:
- A clear concise and effective communication style; able to negotiate solutions and lead the business teams to consensus
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience
- 5 years developer or systems analyst experience
Advanced knowledge of the following development practices and concepts:
Lean principles, including Shift left, DevOps, CloudOps, continuous delivery; experience with Maven, Bitbucket, Cucumber testing, Bamboo, GIT, etc. is highly preferred.
Knowledge of WebSphere Application/TomCat Server and Apache
Experience working with various Database systems (e.g., Oracle, SQL)
Experience working with either Encryption (i.e., Data encryption) or Federation (i.e., SAML 2.0, OpenID Connect, etc...) services
Large program experience, specifically with implementation of a packaged system
Weekday coverage: Regularly scheduled 5-day week, Mon. - Fri., normal business hours.
On-call and remote support off hours: See additional information for the specific requirements for this posting.
Travel: For Charlotte, NC-based staff, limited travel to Valley Forge, PA is required for new employee orientation, project kickoff meetings, other meetings, and training.
Works on critical business applications/databases with the largest numbers of interfaces and users.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top