Cloud Data Technical Lead
As a Cloud Data Architecture Replication Lead for the CTO Cloud Data Architecture Engineering team, you will focus on delivering data replication as a service (DraaS) to the AWS platform. Replication of on-prem datasourses in DB2 (z/OS), Oracle and MSSQL to AWS targets such as RDS, S3 and Kinesis are the main components of the data architecture. Position is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of our public cloud data architecture production and development systems. This role will include collaboration with Chief, Senior and Enterprise Cloud Architects and AWS design.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides the architectural leadership in shaping
strategic technology programs
, which focus on both Business of IT and LOB-specific strategic technology programs.
2. Continuously pursues
level technical acumen:
- Establishes working relationships with strategic and boutique technology providers.
- Continuously learns AWS database and data platforms.
- Leverages the Internet as a critical resource for related knowledge capital, inclusive of blogs, podcasts, webinar, etc.
- Attends conferences and engages in associated activities (e.g., conducting presentations, leading workshops, etc.).
3. Provides architecture thought leadership and expertise.
4. Defines reference and implementation architectures.
5. Produces technology roadmaps in support of IT 's vision and strategy.
6. Develops proof-of-concept prototypes and initial implementation models.
7. Monitors implementation activity to ensure architecture and design principles are upheld.
8. Ensures implementation solutions support architecture objectives (availability, scalability, performance, security, etc.), as appropriate.
leadership skills especially in the areas of persuasion, influence, conceptualizing solutions and problem solving.
10. Communicates complicated technical concepts effectively to a broad group of stakeholders.
11. Establishes relationships with IT leaders, architects, and technical specialists for the purpose of advancing proposed architectural solutions.
12. Coaches and mentors more junior enterprise architects.
13. Utilizes a
understanding of the competitive landscape and corporate and business unit strategies to provide context for architectural decision making.
14. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
The work will include:
- Developing automation code to deploy and maintain systems and applications that run and monitor services in public cloud
- Work closely with engineering teams to build and support the continuous integration and deployment tooling
- Effectively develop cross functional automation services for Cloud Data Architecture being delivered as part of the CTO Cloud Data Platforms
- Design and code using Java based applications
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum eight years relevant work experience.
- Working knowledge of data replication is highly recommended
- Experience with RDS, Kinesis, DynamoDB and S3 preferred
- AWS knowledge is a plus.
- AWS certifications is a plus.
- Java, Ptyhon, Lambda skills are preferred.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Brokerage Investment Professional, Malvern, PA
Claire ensures that Vanguard clients have all the important and necessary industry information in order to make the best decisions for their personal investments.
Back to top