Client Experience Sr. Front End Engineer
In this role you will
As a Sr. Front End Developer on Vanguard's Client Experience program, you'll work on a fully dedicated, cross-functional, co-located and durable team given the autonomy required to deliver solutions which fulfill client needs and drive business outcomes within the context of client journeys. The team will operate with enhanced speed and agility to deliver meaningful customer experiences in a rapid build-measure-learn manner.
Bring invention to investing
Focused on creating innovative user experiences, you'll continuously deliver imaginative solutions that also satisfy business needs. Your fresh ideas will directly impact one of our strategic focus areas and help us redefine the world of mutual funds. While your analytical approach to problem-solving, underpinned by strong organizational skills, will make you a valuable member of a collaborative team that shares ideas and solves problems in new ways. And at every stage of the process you'll enjoy many opportunities to deepen your knowledge and widen your experience.
What it takes
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience
- 3+ years Extensive software engineering experience
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to implement instrumentation to gather business-specific metrics around consumer usage patterns
Specializations that'll make an impact
- Be h ighly collaborative, a fast learner and willing to work wherever you're needed on the team.
- Have the opportunity to achieve results against goals linked to key performance indicators.
- Have experienced with software engineering fundamentals including object-oriented design, data structures, dependency injection, testable code, and algorithms.
- Have exposure to software engineering tools, such as Eclipse, WebStorm , Git , and others.
- Write clean, maintainable code, and read code created by others.
- Be a quick learner who can learn and develop utilizing a new framework within a single sprint.
Candidates from both Charlotte and Malvern will be considered
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top