Channel Manager - Registered Investment Advisors (RIA)
The Channel Manager will support the sales goals of Vanguard's Financial Advisor Services division by developing and continuously enhancing channel-specific sales and client strategies, leading channel business planning, and producing ongoing channel insights and analysis, channel research, competitive analysis, overviews and updates for the Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) channel.
Your primary duties and responsibilities:
- Leads and manages the RIA channel strategy for the Financial Advisor Services business. Sets strategic priorities for the sales team, develops the sales strategy, including advisor segmentation methodologies, client ranking lists, and services models; defines customized Thought Leadership, non-product strategy and marketing approaches for the RIA channel; leads on-going optimization of the strategy.
- Identifies new ideas and best practices, orchestrates experiments to test new approaches in sales and marketing, continuously renew and optimize our channel approaches.
- Leads coordination and communication efforts to effectively execute the channel strategy across eight regional sales teams, internal sales desk and the key accounts group; facilitate information flow, best practice sharing, resolve potential issues and conflicts; leads teams in matrix organization.
- Effectively partners with FAS Marketing to plan and execute channel-specific events, campaigns and other promotional activities, provides guidance on strategic planning and coordinates execution.
- Partners with other Vanguard partners such as Client Insights and Corporate Strategy to conduct on-going analysis of current approach and explore new ideas, strategies and approaches.
- Conducts insightful research and analysis of strategic and competitive issues confronting the RIA channel. Interprets and strategically analyzes industry and Vanguard data to identify challenges and opportunities for the FAS business.
- Oversees center of excellence for senior leadership and Sales managers on the RIA channel, communicate and present regularly to Vanguard, FAS and Sales leadership on channel trends, strategy and performances.
- Facilitates business planning at regional, territory and client level, provides framework, guidance, analytical support and thought partnership; Develops and tracks the right metrics to measure channel performances.
- Partners with Sales Administration to strengthen FAS Sales' capabilities to train, develop sales teams, improve sales effectiveness and build a world class Sales team.
- Works with the analytics team to support the RIA channel in strategic analysis and the data/reporting needs from the Sales team.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience required. Graduate degree/MBA preferred.
- Minimum of five years general experience and five years industry/technology.
- Exceptional leader, ability to motivate team and peers through informal and formal leadership.
- Proven ability to develop and implement unique solutions, strong analytical skills.
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills, ability to build strong working relationships and break down organizational barriers in matrix organization.
- Excellent research and analytical skills to generate insights from data and analysis.
- Strong project management skills, ability to mobilize resources, managing multiple priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including strong presentation skills to senior management.
- Strong work ethics, ability to work independently, with attention to details and sensitivity to deadlines.
- Extended hours will be required especially during peak activity months.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top