Change Management and Communications Program Lead
To lead strategic and operational communications, change management, and program efforts.
This position may be physically located at any one of the 3 domestic sites: Malvern, Charlotte or Scottsdale
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes the strategy, operational communication approach and master change management program plan for large departmental initiatives and programs. Secures senior management buy-in across the department/division.
- Partners with Organization Consulting Services (OCS) to design a framework to assess communication effectiveness. Develops measurement/control processes and tools for program success. Consults with internal clients and crew, integrates external client feedback, reviews/analyzes results and recommends changes as needed. Follows up periodically to ensure that the project integrity remains in place and that project solutions remain valid.
- Provides oversight across all program level communication and change management activities in support of both the transformation and technology work streams, identifying possible collision points with other efforts: Leads the ongoing day-to-day strategic and operational written communications and provides oversight for program messaging and consolidation of all communication messages. Works closely with senior management, business transformation leaders, business liaisons and project leaders to create and integrate key messages associated with the transformation and technology work streams.
- Provides oversight for the development of program level impact and stakeholder analysis, governing the communication process and providing the appropriate framework/standards and tools (impact analysis, stakeholder analysis etc.) to project leaders to prepare them for tollgates and governance meetings - ensuring adherence to the process.
- Works collaboratively with all business and project leaders and other impacted departments outside of the department/division, and coordinates efforts across stakeholder groups to analyze and assess readiness for change.
- Partners with Vanguard University, OCS, Corporate Communications, Marketing and departmental/divisional leadership to analyze multi-varied business needs and develop a communication strategy that ensures seamless implementation of each release/deliverable and ensures business readiness for upcoming changes.
- Builds and maintains productive working relationships with the project team and stakeholders at the executive and operational level. Ensures buy-in from various levels of crew and management.
- Manages communication and change management functions, and leads small project teams in the development of training, communication, and change management resources.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years of general experience and five years of industry experience.
- Demonstrated working experience with department, divisional or enterprise wide program communications and change management.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Proven ability to create and edit communication to all levels - executive and operational.
- Solid understanding of the division, coupled with broad organizational working knowledge.
- Ability to work through others and achieve impactful results in dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Strong persuasion and influence skills.
- Ability to translate and summarize various technical details into executive brief/communication.
The selected Program Lead will own the communication and change management strategies for Business Continuity Management's Next Generation program (BCM NextGen). In addition to leading all aspects of the day-to-day strategic and operational communications regarding BCM NextGen, primary responsibilities of the role include:
- Developing and implementing the strategy for all internal and external program-level communications;
- Devising program training and awareness strategies;
- Establishing the BCM document management strategy;
- Delivering a full-scale transition plan to maintain business continuity throughout the BCM NextGen evolution;
- Defining a continuity maturity model; and
- Researching and implementing a Business Continuity Benchmarking process.
Key interactions for this role will include Contingency Council members (senior staff-elected officers and senior managers representing all business areas); business continuity professionals within BCM and across all divisions (including international regions); leadership teams and subject matter experts across the enterprise.
Prior business continuity, contingency, or risk management experience is not required. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated a mastery of creative, collaborative, and impactful communication skills (both written and oral); has experience implementing Vanguard's Change Management/Transformation approach; possesses a recognized track record of commitment and significant accomplishment; and is business-focused, risk-aware, and intellectually curious.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top