Category Strategist - Procurement- Financial Svcs/Banking
- Malvern, PA
Step forward with a global market leader
At Vanguard, we deliver exceptional value to our clients by making sure every aspect of our business is focused on value too. Vanguard is seeking a senior level crew member to lead the service provider strategy, develop market and competitive insights, and lead negotiations for highly complex, strategic business relationships in the Banking & Investments supply market. The Category Strategist will lead business units through spend strategy, supplier identification and selection on multi-million dollar deals. Benefits of the role include executive level visibility and hands-on experience in shaping and executing business strategy.
As a Category Strategist, you will build relationships with our business partners and recommend category and supplier strategies to drive value. You will initiate strategic sourcing activities for the professional services category of spend, with the goals of achieving significant cost reductions, improving product quality and supplier service levels as well as negotiate best in class commercial contracts. Sourcing the highest quality strategic suppliers, products and services at the most competitive price, you'll support our commitment to low-cost investing.
In this role you will:
- Play an integral role in strategic sourcing efforts for a key spend strategy. Specializes by developing deep expertise in the Banking, Investments, and Financial Services.
- Partnerswith the Category Manager in developing and executing the category strategy to drive maximum value.
- Understand the needs and objectives of Divisions and functional constituents. Identifies and keenly understands potential linkages between Vanguard's business needs and the relevant industry's trends.
- Ensure that best practices in the sourcing process are followed. Engages risk stakeholders as needed for sourcing activity.
- Perform market data analysis and clean-sheet analysis for negotiations and supplier selection.
- Lead high-complexity business processed outsourcing (BPO) events on behalf of the Category Manager.
- Champion sourcing process compliance.
- Draft the business terms portion of contracts in collaboration with Legal & Compliance and the Sourcing Operations contracting team.
- Participate in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
What it takes:
- An undergraduate degree required.
- Minimum five years general experience with a minimum of two years of experience in financial services.
- Ability to learn content quickly and apply a strategic lens to category spend.
- Apply critical thinking to demand requests and build consensus on efficient solution.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong project management and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ownership of projects by actively seeking out input from category managers.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top