Category Strategist (HR Services)
The Finance division is home to Vanguard's experts in Corporate Financial Services, Fund Financial Services, Internal Audit and the Finance Transformation Program. Our crew are high caliber professionals who provide financial and decision support leadership to all businesses at Vanguard across the globe. Integrity is key – as stewards of fund assets and Vanguard's assets, we must protect data, mitigate risk, stay competitive, and proactively establish business initiatives, all while returning value to clients. Vanguard's Finance division is a talent destination for exceptional financial minds looking to be part of a best-in-class organization that is one of Vanguard's most trusted voices. Vanguard is seeking a Category Strategist to actively participate in strategic sourcing activities for the human resources category of spend, with the goal of achieving significant cost reductions, and improving product quality and supplier service levels.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Plays an integral role in strategic sourcing efforts for the human resources spend strategy. Specializes by developing deep expertise within the category.
- Partners with the Category Manager in developing and executing the category strategy to drive maximum value.
- Understands the needs and objectives of Divisions and functional constituents. Identifies and keenly understands potential linkages between Vanguard's business needs and the industry trends.
- Ensures that best practices in the sourcing process are followed. Engages risk stakeholders as needed for sourcing activity.
- Performs market data analysis and clean-sheet analysis for negotiations and supplier selection.
- Leads high-complexity sourcing events on behalf of the Category Manager.
- Champions sourcing process compliance.
- Drafts the business terms portion of contracts in collaboration with Legal & Compliance and the Sourcing Operations contracting team.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- An undergraduate degree required.
- Minimum five years general experience with a minimum of two years of experience in financial services.
- Ability to learn content quickly and apply a strategic lens to category spend.
- Apply critical thinking to demand requests and build consensus on efficient solution.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong project management and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to take ownership of projects by actively seeking out input from category managers.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top