To recommend decisions on supplier selection based on robust, fact-based analyses products or services, long-term partnerships, and Vanguard demand activity with the strategic sourcing activities of IT or Investment related category.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports Category Manager in developing and executing category strategy to drive maximum value in. Specializes by developing deep expertise in a spend category.
- Performs market data analysis and clean-sheet analysis for negotiations and supplier selection, analyzes reports to suggest improvements to category strategies, and coaches Category Analysts on supply and market analyses.
- Understands needs and objectives of Divisions and functional constituents, and recommends potential linkages between Vanguard’s business needs and the relevant industry’s trends.
- Collaborates with Sourcing Operations to ensure RFx process is appropriately tailored to an engagement or strategy.
- Champions sourcing process compliance.
- Collaborates with legal and risk partners as needed.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum five or more years of business experience, previous experience within category preferred.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong time management and project management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple activities in parallel.
- Strong ownership mindset.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to learn content quickly and apply a strategic lens to category spend.
- Deep industry knowledge and experience in IT, Banking and Investment-Related Services
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
RFP Specialist, CFP®
Megan is part of Vanguard’s Institutional Sales Group. She ensures that each and every information request is processed before being returned to a prospective client.
Back to top