Lead strategic sourcing activities as a member of Vanguard's Professional Services category team, including development and execution of category strategies, developing deep expertise in the Professional Services supply market, and negotiating complex transactions with Professional Services suppliers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports Category Manager in developing and executing category strategy to drive maximum value in. Specializes by developing deep expertise in a spend category.
- Performs market data analysis and clean-sheet analysis for negotiations and supplier selection, analyzes reports to suggest improvements to category strategies, and coaches Category Analysts on supply and market analyses.
- Understands needs and objectives of Divisions and functional constituents, and recommends potential linkages between Vanguard's business needs and the relevant industry's trends.
- Collaborates with Sourcing Operations to ensure RFx process is appropriately tailored to an engagement or strategy.
- Champions sourcing process compliance.
- Collaborates with legal and risk partners as needed.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum five or more years of business experience, previous experience within category preferred.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong time management and project management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple activities in parallel.
- Strong ownership mindset.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to learn content quickly and apply a strategic lens to category spend.
- Deep industry knowledge and experience in Professional Services
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top