Business Technology Manager
To ensure all technology projects within the Retail Division are approved and delivered to the client community using approved software development methodologies and standard procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manages staff. Provides guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Provides guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Hires, evaluates and counsels personnel. Follows corporate disciplinary procedures per established Vanguard standards as required. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback and recommends wage increases/adjustments in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
2. Develops and implements staffing and operational plans. Participates in the development of short and long term goals for the department.
3. Supports strategic business initiatives, which encompass both corporate, and division goals and objectives. Integrates and coordinates multi-site awareness and involvement effectively, provides support of a one-company look, and implements strategic initiatives.
4. Assists senior management with complex projects to include organizational development issues, planning, prioritization, and the development of functional release plans. Plans, schedules, coordinates, and manages resources required to maintain project schedules. Maintains supportive and cooperative relationships with internal clients and strategic partners by being their advocate as necessary.
5. Partners with the release managers and other internal departments throughout life cycle to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of project (release) deliverables.
6. Demonstrates initiative and creativity by independently recommending and implementing management solutions.
7. Ensures software is properly acceptance tested prior to being elevated to production.
8. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum five years business experience including progressively responsible management and project management experience.
- Industry knowledge preferred.
- Exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to excel in a fast paced and frequently changing business environment.
- Ability to work quickly and independently with attention to detail and sensitivity to deadlines.
- PC skills (use of word processing and spreadsheet applications).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top