Business Development Manager (Inside Sales)
Vanguard, one of the world’s largest investment management companies and a recognized employer of choice, seeks a Business Development Manager to be primarily responsible for new business development and relationship management within key distribution channels in Canada.
Your primary duties and responsibilities:
- Develops new relationships and enhances existing relationships through targeted prospecting activities. Prospect for new relationships and identify potential face to face meeting candidates for the external sales executives.
- Partners with external sales executive to create and execute on specific regional sales plans.
Responsible for achieving regional sales targets; achieves sales and sales activity goals within the spirit of Vanguard’s Code of Ethics.
- Raises awareness of Vanguard’s ETFs through targeted prospecting activities including but not limited to: call campaigns, email campaigns, and cold calling. Will also be asked to deliver presentations and client seminars when appropriate. Face to face meetings with advisors where needed.
- Follow up on sales calls and provide external sales with telephone, administrative, and sales support.
- Support development of National account strategy and follow up on dealer specific initiatives.
- Leads/participates in other projects/duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Minimum five years financial services industry.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated executive presence, poise, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and adapt quickly and resourcefully to changing situations while traveling for business.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Thorough knowledge of investments and competitive environment. Familiarity with Vanguard a plus.
- Good working knowledge of PC and MS Office software. Understanding of CRM systems.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
RFP Specialist, CFP®
Megan is part of Vanguard’s Institutional Sales Group. She ensures that each and every information request is processed before being returned to a prospective client.
Back to top