Business Development Group Team Leader
To coach, develop, and manage performance of crew in a money movement organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manages staff. Provides guidance, training and motivation to develop staff. Evaluates and counsels personnel. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides regular and ongoing feedback, administers disciplinary action and recommends wage increases in accordance with applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
2. Develops a culture of ever present coaching; is a student and teacher in the art of customer service and asset consolidation. Provides frequent and ongoing coaching of customer service talent and independent thinking skills to develop and grow money movement professionals. Recognizes special skills, highlights best in class abilities, provides analysis/feedback, and suggests improvements to staff.
3. Guides team to maximize opportunities and support the consultative sales model through best in class money movement process. Analyzes and resolves the most complex client issues, implements systematic solutions and proper controls, and reviews internal partner and client feedback. Meets or exceeds retention of leads and efficiency goals on a consistent basis.
4. Shapes the client and crew experience of money movement by analyzing trends, guiding crew on book management and efficient money movement experience, leading an extended team of direct reports, and working closely with internal partners.
5. Collaborates with team to create well documented strategy that effectively addresses the money movement opportunities within the business. Partners with money movement professionals to analyze client data and trends, proposing best course of action for execution of strategy to ensure committed assets arrive at the firm and the sales are closed.
6. Partners with sales teams and sales leaders to ensure successful strategic approach to all aspects of client interaction, specifically the closing of the sale through the money movement process. Acts on client insight trends and flexes approach based on the success and the client response.
7. Plays an active role in creating an engaging environment for money movement professionals and perpetuating a strong leadership culture to make Vanguard a best place to work and a best place to invest.
8. Analyzes VOC, market trends, and opportunities for improvement. Develops and recommends changes to departmental policies, procedures, and workflows to meet changing client and business needs. Initiates and manages process changes to ensure a high level of efficiency in terms of quality and productivity.
9. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Three to five years progressively responsible work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a group to meet and exceed expected results and departmental goals.
- Thorough knowledge of Vanguard’s funds and services and strong knowledge of the competitive environment expected.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions under demanding conditions.
- Ability to obtain Series 7 & 63 licensing within department guidelines.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Exceptional leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top