Business Development Group Sales Manager
To coach, develop, and manage performance of sales professionals in a world class sales organization. To manage a sales organization with a multi-billion dollar cash flow stream for Vanguard’s retail investor client base, directly shape the client and crew experience and drive growth by analyzing trends, guiding crew on sales strategies, leading an extended team of direct reports, and working closely with internal partners.
- Provides guidance, training and motivation to develop staff. Evaluates and counsels personnel. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides regular and ongoing feedback, administers disciplinary action and recommends wage increases in accordance with applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Develops a culture of ever present coaching; is a student and teacher in the art of sales. Provides frequent and ongoing coaching of sales talent and independent thinking skills to develop and grow their team. Recognizes special skills, highlights best in class abilities, provides analysis/feedback and suggests improvements to staff. Monitors sales specialist calls for coaching and compliance purposes.
- Assists in the development of sales-related goals. Works with peers and sales professionals to monitor and communicate progress towards goals. Develops close working relationships with all appropriate internal referral partner groups to ensure an effective pipeline of leads. Drives team to convert inbound sales leads generated from internal business partners.
- Analyzes Voice of Client (VOC), market trends, and opportunities for improvement. Develops and recommends changes to departmental policies, procedures, and workflows to meet changing business needs. Initiates and manages process changes to ensure a high level of efficiency in terms of quality and productivity. Develops new processes for standardizing communication across teams and sites within the Business Development Group (BDG).
- Guides team to maximize opportunities and support the consultative sales model. Analyzes and resolves the most complex client issues, implements systematic solutions and proper controls, and reviews internal partner and client feedback. Meets or exceeds sales goals on a consistent basis.
- Assesses the direct impact of market or Vanguard events/initiatives on training needs for sales crew, as well as impact to staffing requirements. Determines whether market or Vanguard events have long-lasting implications that require a strategic solution (e.g., develop training material), or if the impact is short-term, requiring tactical solution (increased communication through acumen channels).
- Leads or participates in various technology projects with business technology and innovation groups. Serves as a liaison to telecommunications and resource planning and works with them to identify potential solutions to business needs/challenges, ultimately making recommendations for improvement.
The Ideal Candidate Should Possess
- Previous sales coaching experience and sales supervision expected.
- Sales management/new business development experience in the financial mutual fund marketplace.
- Proven ability to develop and implement new business plans or change direction of business plans in a high growth environment.
- Minimum of eight years progressively responsible experience, including five to seven years management experience with responsibilities in a financial or operations environment.
- Thorough knowledge of Vanguard’s funds and services and strong knowledge of the competitive environment expected.
- Strong sales and influence skills. Demonstrated sales, client relationship management, and project management skills required.
- Proven ability to successfully develop strong working relationships with staff and management within Vanguard.
- Ability to obtain Series 7, 24, 63, & 65 licensing within department guidelines.
Note: Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position. Additionally, employment is contingent on a successful drug-screening result.
Back to top