Business Data Steward Administrator
Job Profile Summary
To lead the efforts surrounding the development and implementation of investment data. To provide consistent and reliable data for enterprise use through analysis, inspection and development of departmental functionality to meet the enterprise need for investment data. Manage and support data governance and integrity of the FIS EIP data warehouse that stores and maintains fund data and information at the enterprise and complex level.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administers the acquisition, validation and enrichment of reference market data and internal data sources. Maintains and shares a comprehensive and detailed knowledge of investment data and application functionality in order to provide ongoing centralized support, guidance, and direction to business partners.
- Works with IT data stewards to define and approve access to stewarded information by application systems and individuals. Interprets data for accuracy and completeness, identifying, troubleshooting and maintaining data to provide complete data integrity, as authorized by data owners and data generators. Works with internal and external business partners to define and implement new data attributes.
- Interacts collaboratively with members of Investment Management, FAS, FFS, IRPS, Retail, Strategy and Finance, Planning and Development, Corporate business partners and external vendors; establishes relationships with a network of contacts throughout the company in order to triage, research and/or develop new business products and services.
- Develops project specifications, including business and data requirements. Defines business resource requirements and coordinates the efforts of other team members. Manages the relationship with the client throughout all phases of the initiative to ensure that the expected output is delivered. Provides necessary validation and approval of project deliverables.
- Maintains vendor relationships to understand data services and maximize organizational usage. Keeps abreast of industry, market and client trends. Supports technical elevations / vendors and internal business partners after business hours or on weekends.
- Actively participates in and supports client and regression testing for newly developed services and technologies; monitors and ensures data quality by using existing technical knowledge to create test cases and monitoring that ensure data accuracy and completeness. Performs database maintenance tasks, updates fund development profile and task procedures and/or post-certification testing. Ensures change management to data consumers.
- Recommends changes that will enhance work-flows and procedures. Integrates new or existing technologies into work-flows and communicates to all team members. Analyzes impact, prepares environment for change, and updates or creates procedures.
- Works on special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Three to five years mutual fund experience or combination of mutual fund and computer/technical knowledge.
- Ability to effectively translate between Business and Systems communities with a working knowledge of Vanguard business operations.
- Previous experience with one or more of the following data sources: SQL queries, COMPASS, VISTA, VAST
- Demonstrated project management experience with proven ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Strong communication and organizational skills coupled with the ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Strong attention to detail, analysis and problem resolution skills.
- Strong knowledge and skills using MSOffice suite.
This person will be expected to take responsibility for an on call phone (24 X 7) one week per month.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
This position will be responsible for the delivery of larger-scale business initiatives, including the coordination and oversight of teammates.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top