Business Analytics & Insights Senior Manager
Vanguard, one of the world’s largest investment management companies and a recognized employer of choice, seeks a Business Analytics & Insights Senior Manager to lead the continuous evolution of the vision and strategy for business intelligence and data reporting capabilities for RIG, and to provide day-to-day management support of the delivery of these division-wide capabilities to the various ‘consumers’ across the RIG business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manages and leads staff. Provides guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Hires, evaluates and counsels personnel. Follows corporate disciplinary procedures per established Vanguard standards as required. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback, and recommends wage increases in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures. Serves as a mentor to crew by providing guidance on processes and specific feedback on their work.
2. Supports RIG businesses by providing analytics designed to streamline operational business functions, improve crew performance, and uncover and address client concerns/opportunities.
3. Oversees the strategy development and planning related to strategic data projects, and provides sponsorship and subject-matter-expertise throughout the successful execution of the projects.
4. Manages the portfolio of current and potential analytical projects and initiatives and regularly socializes it with key business leaders, ensuring alignment with business priorities. Ensures that active projects are prioritized and sourced effectively.
5. Ensures data collection and definition are governed and consistent across RIG division. Partners with Client Insight and Technology to gain access to new data sources and measures.
6. Maintains and discovers analytical capabilities (tools/process) to improve workflow, allow end-user self provisioning, and provide enhanced data visualization.
7. Ensures accuracy and quality of ongoing business reporting to support performance management, business dashboards, operational analysis, and project management.
8. Drives efficiency of ongoing reporting needs. In addition, works with business leaders to ensure appropriate usage and report justification.
9. Anticipates and assesses business needs and objectives through strategic relationship planning and consultation based on market intelligence. Provides thought leadership for the Client Insight organization by proactively identifying areas for further research and inquiry. Expertly responds to direct client inquiries regarding analytical findings. Incorporates Client Insight best practices into client’s vision.
10. Prepares and presents strategic analysis, findings, and recommendations based on business intelligence findings to senior management.
11. Evaluates and champions the continuous improvement of web analytic & reporting tools and processes. Develops and maintains the DI strategic plan to ensure tool functionality can evolve to meet evolution/demands of changing web/mobile and social agendas. Includes working with data governance, Legal, Privacy and IT to ensure Vanguard information security standards are maintained. Steward process to ensure web data integrity.
12. Participates in other duties and special projects as assigned.
The ideal candidate should possess
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Advance degree in data science, statistics, or equivalent is preferred
- Minimum of 7 years progressive experience leveraging data to solve business problems
- Strong executive presence and comfort with senior leadership
- Ability to design new processes to improve the quality of business reporting and analytics
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple competing priorities
- Understanding of RIG business operations is preferred
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top