Business Analyst - Corporate Finance
The Finance division is home to Vanguard's experts in Corporate Financial Services, Fund Financial Services, Internal Audit and the Finance Transformation Program. Our crew are high caliber professionals who provide financial and decision support leadership to all businesses at Vanguard across the globe. Integrity is key - as stewards of fund assets and Vanguard's assets, we must protect data, mitigate risk, stay competitive, and proactively establish business initiatives, all while returning value to clients. Vanguard's Finance division is a talent destination for exceptional financial minds looking to be part of a best-in-class organization that is one of Vanguard's most trusted voices.
This role will lead the design and implementation of process and technology improvement projects for Corporate Finance from initiation to completion.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops, manages, and executes project plans, in accordance with the Project Charter, to address objectives of business projects with varying complexity. Assumes responsibility for projects from initiation through delivery. Organizes project team activities through matrix-reporting relationships.
- Provides support in the execution of a comprehensive change management and communication plan to support strategic and/or operational changes. Assists with the continual communication of the CFS continuous improvement vision to business and technical clients.
- Establishes and maintains effective business and stakeholder relationships and communication and acts as a liaison between departments and project team members. Anticipates business needs and ensures client satisfaction related to the services being provided.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for financial system and process improvement.
- Works with business clients and key stakeholders to assist in identifying the scope, requirements, and solution sets for assigned projects, ensuring integration and consistency with project charters. Plans, schedules, and coordinates business activities to deliver timely and effective project solutions. Partners with identified stakeholders to facilitate the decision making process.
- Communicates project progress, issues, and identified risks. Influences and recommends solutions to management to obtain input or buy-in through use of quantitative analysis and persuasion skills.
- Leads project meetings, documents the progress of projects and communicates the status of projects to internal clients and management, including formal presentations for senior management as needed.
- Provides support to project team members in conducting current state and future state analyses of financial process improvements needed to support the growing complexity of the business. Uses a broad array of tools, techniques, and strategies to examine the issues inherent in meeting the business units' goals and objectives.
- Produces quality deliverables within the designated time frames. Leverages Vanguard Unmatchable Excellence efforts with an emphasis on minimizing business risk and maximizing operational efficiencies.
- Establishes partnerships with Data Managers and Data Administrators to ensure financial systems maintain integrity. Identifies opportunities to implement quality controls where appropriate.
- Supports development and delivery of education initiatives to ensure finance crew have tools, documentation, and training needed to make the best use of financial systems.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree (Finance/Accounting) or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Minimum three years general experience and three years industry experience.
- Strong knowledge of broad financial concepts and financial analysis; CPA or MBA preferred.
- Strong leadership interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate and build strong and effective working relationships.
- Ability to work independently, as well as perform effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication, project management and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills, including effective time management skills.
- Knowledge of Vanguard's financial policies, legal entity structure, and overall legal and regulatory environment preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Oracle, PeopleSoft, and Hyperion financial systems preferred.
- Experience with matrix management.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Brokerage Investment Professional, Malvern, PA
Claire ensures that Vanguard clients have all the important and necessary industry information in order to make the best decisions for their personal investments.
Back to top