In this role you will join a team of business analysts that proactively recommend, design, and implement technology solutions and process improvements for the Finance organization at Vanguard. This role will leverage a mix of finance acumen, analytical skills, project management, and relationship building skills to deliver solutions that ultimately improve the effectiveness of the finance organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops, manages, and executes project plans, in accordance with the Project Charter, to address objectives of business projects with varying complexity. Assumes responsibility for projects from initiation through delivery. Organizes project team activities through matrix-reporting relationships.
- Provides support in the execution of a comprehensive change management and communication plan to support strategic and/or operational changes. Assists with the continual communication of the CFS continuous improvement vision to business and technical clients.
- Establishes and maintains effective business and stakeholder relationships and communication and acts as a liaison between departments and project team members. Anticipates business needs and ensures client satisfaction related to the services being provided.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for financial system and process improvement.
- Works with business clients and key stakeholders to assist in identifying the scope, requirements, and solution sets for assigned projects, ensuring integration and consistency with project charters. Plans, schedules, and coordinates business activities to deliver timely and effective project solutions. Partners with identified stakeholders to facilitate the decision making process.
- Communicates project progress, issues, and identified risks. Influences and recommends solutions to management to obtain input or buy-in through use of quantitative analysis and persuasion skills.
- Leads project meetings, documents the progress of projects and communicates the status of projects to internal clients and management, including formal presentations for senior management as needed.
- Provides support to project team members in conducting current state and future state analyses of financial process improvements needed to support the growing complexity of the business. Uses a broad array of tools, techniques, and strategies to examine the issues inherent in meeting the business units' goals and objectives.
- Produces quality deliverables within the designated time frames. Leverages Vanguard Unmatchable Excellence efforts with an emphasis on minimizing business risk and maximizing operational efficiencies.
- Establishes partnerships with Data Managers and Data Administrators to ensure financial systems maintain integrity. Identifies opportunities to implement quality controls where appropriate.
- Supports development and delivery of education initiatives to ensure finance crew have tools, documentation, and training needed to make the best use of financial systems.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree (Finance/Accounting) or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Minimum three years general experience and three years industry experience.
- Strong knowledge of broad financial concepts and financial analysis; CPA or MBA preferred.
- Strong leadership interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate and build strong and effective working relationships.
- Ability to work independently, as well as perform effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication, project management and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills, including effective time management skills.
- Knowledge of Vanguard's financial policies, legal entity structure, and overall legal and regulatory environment preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Oracle, PeopleSoft, and Hyperion financial systems preferred.
- Experience with matrix management.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Shelley produces creative recruitment marketing campaigns in order to share Vanguard’s brand, mission, events and culture with new talent in the industry.
Back to top