Brand Campaign Lead
Vanguard's Advertising and Brand team is expanding its capabilities to better define and tell Vanguard's story in new ways. These new roles will help to develop external advertising campaigns that will better connect Vanguard's mission to investor needs. This team is conducting a search for a Brand Campaign Lead. The Brand Campaign Lead will lead multi-year brand marketing campaigns with cross-divisional or enterprise wide impact, applying deep expertise across marketing disciplines. Specifically, partners with Brand Strategy to develop and lead activation of brand level advertising campaigns, including creative strategies, the creative development process, media channel strategy and campaign integration across the enterprise. It is an exciting time to be at Vanguard as we have a compelling story to tell and an opportunity, in a crowded market, to connect with clients and prospects by putting their interest first!
In this role, you will:
- Lead cross-functional team responsible for the development of multi-year marketing programs and initiatives that enhance and promote Vanguard's brand.
- Create complex campaign plans by translating business objectives into defined marketing goals, strategies, and tactics. Align marketing activity with expert understanding of strategy and targeted market. Collaborate with creative resources to produce compelling brand communications consistent with the brand/product position.
- Provide insight on marketing best practices and common obstacles based on prior experiences. Direct marketing plans that are well informed by the competitive landscape and suited for the regulatory environment.
- Serve as a trusted advisor and internal expert to ensure the right solution is developed for various partners, including senior leaders. Proactively communicate status and issues of marketing activity regularly to stakeholders, including sales professionals, business leaders, team members, and senior managers.
- Drive the development of a continuous feedback loop to gather input from sales, client services, and other partners regarding business needs. Proactively identify opportunities to improve positioning of topics critical to the business area.
- Lead the development of marketing tracking methodology to set parameters of success based on relevant data, analytics, and desired results that are measurable.
- Ensure all steps are taken to mitigate risk and maintains control, compliance, audit, and legal requirements in marketing activities. Communicate solutions on key issues on channel marketing activity to management and stakeholders to obtain their input and buy-in as appropriate.
Fulfilling Your Mission
This group shares in Vanguard's mission to take a stand for all investors. You will support this mission while driving the organization forward through the continuous development of both new and existing crew. You'll gain consensus on strategy, positioning, and story ideas through your keen ability to engage and influence others within the Brand space. Are you up for the challenge?
What it Takes:
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing or equivalent experience required. Graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum eight years related work experience, with specialized knowledge in advertising and agency/client relationships.
- Proven experience in managing client and/or external relationships.
- Excellent client and project-management skills with ability to multi-task.
- Strong leadership skills, with the proven ability to motivate others, foster teamwork, and collaborate.
- Ability to handle complex situations and interact with all levels of personnel within the Vanguard organization.
- Solid understanding and appreciation of the Vanguard brand and how it is positioned in the market.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top