AWS Big Data Technical Lead
- Malvern, PA
Bring invention to investing:
The Retail IT team is searching for a Technical Lead to play a key role in the development and deployment of innovative big data platforms for advanced analytics and data processing solutions. Vanguard is shifting its development to leaner, faster and more innovative solutions. Business and technical team are partnering together to investigate and solve business problems using AWS as the platform
We need a Technical Lead who can guide the team, is proactive and will take ownership of the technical aspects of the project. Must be forward thinking and be able to find innovative design solutions.
- Design and develop using AWS and Big Data technologies.
- Design and develop cutting edge Big Data, HPC, and Cloud technologies to build critical, highly complex distributed system from scratch
- Lead the migration to AWS as a hands-on technical leader
- Act as a critical thought leader, consulting and mentoring other teams as your new systems transform the way this entire firm leverages data
- Solid experience and understanding of various core AWS services such as IAM, Cloud Formation, EC2, S3, EMR/Spark, Glue, Lambda, Athena and Redshift.
- Experience in system analysis, design, development, and implementation of data ingestion pipeline in AWS.
- Programming experience with Java, Python/Scala, Shell scripting
- Experience with DevOps and Continuous Integration/Delivery (CI/CD) concepts and tools such as Bitbucket, Bamboo, Ansible, Sonar, and the Atlassian tool suite
- Working experience with Hadoop, HDFS, SQOOP, Hive, Tez, Presto, Oozie, YARN and Spark is desired
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top