As a member of the Global Investment Systems sub-division, you will have the opportunity to work side-by-side with your peers and the business to help shape the direction of the organization into the 21st century. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for the investment management industry, who love to learn, and are eager to spread their ideas and passion, while leaving their mark. This is the place you want to be if you desire an experience where you can have a positive impact by building partnerships to forge a new future through innovation, experimentation, and collaboration.
To improve the quality and efficiency of all those involved in developing software by building automated test frameworks and designing/developing automated tests to support "test pyramid" with a focus on integration and End to End regression portion of the "test pyramid". To develop and/or finding new techniques & tools, and mentor others to improve our ability to efficiently validate software. This staff member executes these objectives at a senior level of expertise under moderate direction.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides senior level of expertise. Leads the team in development of the test automation strategy, leads the team in collaboration on test design, creation and code reviews to ensure software quality is owned by the entire team. Actively participates in team Collaboration sessions and influences the team to test as the lowest possible level in the "test pyramid".
- Designs and develops the automated tests to support "test pyramid" with a focus on integration and End to End portion/regression portion of the "test pyramid".
- Provides significant support and oversight to creation and maintainance of set of automated test (using JUnit, Selenium, Cucumber, Jasmine, Protractor, appium, etc.).
- Updates and maintains existing product level automated tests; Optimizes and automates the End to End Gold regression suite for the product.
- Responsible for End to End in-sprint regression, coordinate and conduct the analysis of test results; identify and report all testing related issues and risks.
- Creates SQL queries to validate data, as well as test application changes. Creates reports, manipulates data sets, and writes intelligent queries to monitor and control data. Effectively collaborate across teams to support mocked/stubbed test data.
- Ensures defect fixing process results in increased automation coverage for the team.
- Embraces pair programming with developers for code reviews on automated tests and to provide secondary support for Unit testing.
- Works with and adapt testing in our Continuous Integration environment to ensure a smooth and high quality release cycle in a fast paced Agile environment.
- Develops tool(s) and technique(s) proficiency used to automate tests (e. g - ATDD/BDD, TDD, Cucumber, Selenium, LeanFT, etc.).
- Adheres to best practices for automation and orchestrates code review for test automation code, actively participates in others' code reviews. Trains and mentors staff with less experience in test automation. Provides realistic estimates. Research, share and recommend new technologies and trends. Participates and leads in initiatives to deepen Shift Left maturity across their division.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- BS (Bachelor of Science) in Computer Science or related field.
- 5 years of relevant experience automating tests or developing business features/capabilities.
- 5 years knowledge of, web application infrastructure (e.g., application servers, messaging, databases), the client area's business functions and systems, QA test methodologies required to satisfy integration, functional and regression testing, and software testing tools.
- Familiarity with automation framework such as Junit, Jasmine, Easy Mock, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Agile/Lean software development principals and the application of such. Experience working with Agile Methodologies is required.
- Requires strong communication skills, strong analytical and problem solving abilities, strong judgment skills, the ability to work effectively with development management and staff, and the ability to adjust to changing priorities.
- Working knowledge with several testing and collaboration tools or equivalent; Jira, Cucumber, Selenium, Appium, LeanFT, Protractor.
- Proficient with Microsoft office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Proficient knowledge of the he Finance/Investment Management industry.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Brokerage Investment Professional, Malvern, PA
Claire ensures that Vanguard clients have all the important and necessary industry information in order to make the best decisions for their personal investments.
Back to top