Auditor II - Internal Audit Development Team
Are you looking for an opportunity to be a part of a highly motivated team that delivers high quality work in a dynamic environment? Do you have professional curiosity, have a continuous improvement mindset, and exemplify the highest degree of trust and integrity? If so, the Internal Auditor position may be the next step in your career.
The selected candidate(s) would start with the Internal Audit Development Team, which consists of crew who are new to auditing. While working with the Development Team, crew receive structured on-the-job training and ongoing mentoring to help ensure success to the individual and department.
Benefits also include the opportunity to develop a strong professional network and improve business acumen while being exposed to multiple Vanguard businesses and functions, including client facing (retail, institutional, intermediary), corporate finance, fund operations, and investment management.
To assist in the execution of risk-based and advisory engagements, across a breadth of divisions and subjects, to evaluate management's internal control environment. To build and maintain positive, working relationships within the department and with clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributes as a team member working on risk-based audits and advisory engagements [including research, evaluation and analysis, and testing] to aid in identifying issues related to risk, governance, processes, technology, controls, and operating practices of assigned engagements.
- Participates in team and client discussions throughout the engagement to assist with execution of audit methodology, including assessment of risk and testing effectiveness of controls.
- Applies previous experience to contribute to audit and advisory engagements. Develops knowledge of the Vanguard businesses and audit methodology and applies knowledge to effectively contribute to audit scope, testing approach and data analysis discussions.
- Helps prepare high-quality internal work papers and client facing deliverables such as process/control narratives, flowcharts, testing documentation, conclusions, recommendations and audit report findings to be shared with the audit team and clients.
- Effectively communicates with other risk partners to build relationships and discuss relevant work that has been performed.
- Assists with special projects and initiatives, as needed.
- Undergraduate degree in a business related field of concentration or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum of one to two years general business experience required. Experience in audit, risk or controls (i.e. operational audits, financial statement audits, internal audits, advisory/consulting, controls/compliance/legal) preferred.
- Interest in the financial services industry.
- Ability to function in fast paced, ambiguous environment working with multiple and diverse responsibilities.
- Conceptual thinking aptitude.
- Effective time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including: written and verbal communications, willingness to assist in areas outside of direct assignments when necessary, and commitment to self-improvement and completion of team objectives.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Brokerage Investment Professional, Malvern, PA
Claire ensures that Vanguard clients have all the important and necessary industry information in order to make the best decisions for their personal investments.
Back to top