Audit and Advisory Services Manager
Vanguard, one of the world’s largest investment management companies and a recognized employer of choice, seeks an Audit and Advisory Services Project Manager to perform complex projects to help Vanguard identify and manage risk to its business and investors. Within the organization, the internal audit department is seen as a critical line of defense for the organization. The internal audit department is comprised of hard-working, highly motivated, and technically skilled professionals who consistently deliver high-quality work in a dynamic environment. The department fosters mobility throughout the organization and is viewed as a source of future leaders across the organization. The department promotes a flexible and well-balanced work environment. They will play a supervisory role in all phases of audits and projects and will interact with senior leadership (Officers and Principals) across the organization. Individuals in this role demonstrate professional curiosity, have a continuous improvement mindset, possess the desire/aptitude to rapidly learn new skills and exemplify the highest degree of trust and integrity.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages staff. Provides guidance, training and motivation as necessary to develop staff. Hires, evaluates and counsels personnel. Follows corporate disciplinary procedures per established Vanguard standards as required. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, provides feedback, recommends wage increases in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Develops the annual audit plan to achieve departmental and corporate objectives. Works closely with management in the planning, development and execution of short and long term goals. Demonstrates initiative and creativity in independently recommending and implementing solutions.
- Performs inquiries of key management personnel to assist in developing the strategy of the audit.
- Reviews and approves audit reports and other communications to management. Assists the Audit Director in preparing communications to the audit committee.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with unit, department and division management, as well as PricewaterhouseCoopers.
- Manages multiple projects, both Departmental and Divisional, and performs other related duties as assigned.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate Should Possess:
- Undergraduate degree in a business related field of concentration or equivalent combination of training and experience. Professional certification or advanced degree (e.g., CPA, CIA, MBA) is a plus.
- Minimum of five years general business experience.
- Experience in audit, risk or controls (i.e. operational audits, financial statement audits, internal audits, advisory/consulting, controls/compliance/legal) with two to four years of previous management experience preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of and demonstrated interest in the financial services industry. Ability to present findings and industry insights to senior leaders across the company.
- Strong conceptual thinking aptitude.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex, dynamic, and fast-paced environment with strong inherent project execution skills, including: prioritizing tasks, balancing workload between multiple projects, anticipating next steps, adapting to changing situations and project scope.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including: written and verbal communications, willingness to assist in areas outside of direct assignments when necessary, and commitment to self-improvement and completion of team objectives.
- Experience in situations requiring diplomacy. Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong Client/Focus and relationship skills.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
RFP Specialist, CFP®
Megan is part of Vanguard’s Institutional Sales Group. She ensures that each and every information request is processed before being returned to a prospective client.
Back to top