Associate Counsel, Fund, Finance & Governance, Office of the General Counsel
- Malvern, PA
Vanguard is a leading provider of financial products and services to individual and institutional investors world-wide with a core mission to take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly and to give them the best chance for investment success. Known for its strong ethical business practices and client focus, Vanguard has a vibrant and multi-faceted business. Our Office of the General Counsel encounters a wide range of complex and compelling issues as we advance Vanguard's core mission by providing exceptional, high-value legal and compliance services. In addition, Vanguard is an employer of choice that continually invests in the growth, development and success of its employees over the course of their Vanguard careers.
In this role:
As an Associate Counsel and member of Vanguard's Fund, Finance and Governance group you will work with a team of talented professionals who share a commitment to excellence. This role will work on a variety of mutual fund disclosure and governance regulatory matters, including, supporting the Vanguard fund Boards. Members of the team collaborate on strategic initiatives with a variety of internal business partners, including Vanguard's investment management group, fund financial services department, investment stewardship team and product review department. Competitive candidates will have the following qualifications, experience and education, and be able to demonstrate the following attributes.
What it takes:
- Law degree from a competitive law school and licensed to practice in at least one jurisdiction
- Three plus years of experience providing interpretive advice under the Investment Company Act of 1940 and the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, advising clients on regulatory governance and Board-related activities, and/or analyzing and providing guidance on emerging issues impacting registered investment companies
- Shares Vanguard's values, including unmatched ethical standards, teamwork, client service, work ethic and positive attitude
- Business acumen, collaborative philosophy, excellent judgment, technical expertise, initiative, and strong communication skills
- Exceptional leadership, influencing, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work quickly and independently with attention to detail and sensitivity to deadlines
- Willingness to expand responsibility, over time, by learning new subject matters
We are Vanguard. Together, we're changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn't just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose - and that's how we've become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let's make it count.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Back to top