Associate Counsel, Commercial Transactions
Vanguard is a leading provider of financial products and services to individual and institutional investors world-wide. In addition, Vanguard is an employer of choice that continually invests in the growth, development and success of its employees over the course of their Vanguard careers.
Vanguard's Legal Division of the Office of the General Counsel addresses a wide range of complex and compelling legal issues. To support its growing business, Vanguard is seeking an attorney with commercial transactions experience for its Finance Legal team. The position includes responsibility for a broad portfolio of commercial legal matters and offers substantial opportunity for long-term growth.
The ideal candidate would have a minimum of 4 years of relevant legal experience, including expertise related to commercial contracting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drafting and negotiating commercial agreements in support of Vanguard's divisions, including Information Technology, Finance, Investment Management Group, Institutional Investors Group, Financial Advisor Services, Retail Investor Group, and International
- Providing sophisticated legal support to Vanguard's Finance Division
- Collaborating with internal clients and legal colleagues in various jurisdictions to determine and implement key negotiation strategies and positions
- Advising internal clients on contractual disputes and legal, regulatory, and contractual requirements to ensure compliance
- Providing proactive advice to internal clients on an array of strategic, financial, and business initiatives
- Sourcing and management of outside counsel relationships (as-needed)
- Leading, assisting and/or providing support for legal and other corporate initiatives undertaken by Vanguard.
- Law Degree (J.D.) is required
- Minimum of 4 years of legal experience at a law firm, in-house position, or a combination of the two
- Experience with commercial, technology, and licensing agreements preferred
- Excellent judgment, counseling, and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills
- Ability to work quickly and independently with attention to detail and sensitivity to deadlines
- Leadership abilities coupled with strong personal accountability and initiative
- Excellent undergraduate and law school academic credentials
Candidates must share Vanguard's core values, including unmatched ethical standards and client service, strong work ethic, and 'can-do' attitude. Candidates must foster a team environment by building collaborative, trusting relationships, and advancing the development and success of others.
Candidates must be skilled at successfully collaborating with, enabling, working through, and influencing legal colleagues, in-house corporate partners, and business clients at all levels, including senior management.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Meet Some of Vanguard's Employees
Brokerage Investment Professional, Malvern, PA
Claire ensures that Vanguard clients have all the important and necessary industry information in order to make the best decisions for their personal investments.
Back to top