Searching for a new job can be a risky business … but luckily mitigating risk is your forte.
If you have experience implementing enterprise wide governance, risk and compliance programs … good. We’ve been expecting you.
Vanguard embraces creative problem solving and innovative thinking – especially when it comes solution delivery. All of our employees are challenged to maximize their own focus, resourcefulness and diversity… (And we take work-life balance and personal/professional development very seriously).
We’re looking for a system engineer who can apply his or her knowledge of business and technology to help us develop and implement an effective eGRC system on the RSA Archer platform.
Duties & Responsibilities:
This staff member completes the following activities under minimal direction:
- Provides expert level IT technical lead services and direction for critical software, middleware, and/or hardware projects (e.g., applications, networks, communications, and client server technologies) on multiple platforms. Provides technical expertise in systems, technical infrastructure, tools, modeling, external interfaces, and other technical areas. Completes complex development, design, implementation, architecture design specification, and maintenance activities.
- Ensures the viability of IT deliverables. Recommends development options, including design, build/buy, and vendor purchase. Approves the team’s technical deliverables. Conducts testing, including functionality, technical limitations, and security.
- Identifies potential solutions, including the cost/benefit of each option. Approves technical solutions proposed by team members. Elevates complex technical issues to IT experts, including architects and vendors. Resolves technical problems discovered by testers and internal clients. Responds to and resolves technical issues in a timely manner. Researches issues and performs root cause analysis.
- Communicates with project manager on a frequent basis. Identifies tasks and issues that may have an impact on service levels or schedules. Provides realistic task and cost estimates. Screens resumes of team members, interviews, makes hiring and assignment recommendations, and writes reviews.
- Maintains current knowledge of IT development methodology, architecture design, and technical standards. Mentors IT staff and identifies training needs. As new standards are instituted, ensures their usage by team members.
- Communicates with other technical leads, IT groups, and clients so they understand the project’s technical implications, dependencies, and potential conflicts. Evaluates the impacts of change requests on own/shared technologies and effectively persuades and influences others on ideas.
- Reviews and approves documentation and diagrams created by IT team members (e.g., system specifications). Writes documentation, including technical standards and processes.
- Identifies opportunities for continuous quality improvement of technical standards, methodologies, and technologies.
- Participates in design, code, and test inspections throughout product life cycle to identify issues. Participates as a technical consultant at other project meetings. Presents technical status and issues at milestone reviews.
- For teams without a BSA, performs this staff member’s duties, including interviewing business liaisons to diagram process flows and to write functional requirements. In the absence of the project manager, performs this staff member’s duties, including coordinating daily systems analysis and development activities.
- Thoroughly understands and complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels. Thoroughly understands and complies with Information Security policies and procedures, and verifies deliverables meet Information Security requirements.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience
- Eight years experience in technical specialty with three years’ developer experience.
- Strong, demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills
- Broad knowledge of the financial services industry
- Expert knowledge of the following technical lead practices and concepts:
- Full product life cycle including Agile & Waterfall methodologies
- IT vendor product assessment
- Architecture design
- Wide range of technologies within technical specialty – from state of the art to legacy systems
- Performance and stress testing
- Quality assurance methodology and Inspections
- Technical standards and deliverables
- Migration and integration
- Estimating, including design, development/purchase, and installation
- Production acceptance (including elevations), data modeling, data sharing, reusable components, and related advanced development practices
- Expert knowledge of one or more IT platforms:
- 5 years developer or systems analyst experience, including 3-5 years of Archer experience and on-demand application development
- Experience with Archer 5.2 or above, Archer core solutions, on-demand applications, and data feeds
- Experience creating fields, reports, iView’s and dashboard experience in configuring access control, record permissions, events and notifications
- Experience with data feed setup (all types)
- Solid knowledge of notification configuration and functionality
- Experience with one or more RDBMS platforms (MS SQL preferred)
- Experience with .Net and/or Java is a plus
- Experience with Windows 2008 Server is a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills, preferred
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
Back to top